Not open for further replies.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Reactions: MartyOwns

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I’m not gonna lie, this stuff about Hall’s agent with Marner is getting me paranoid.

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
I’m not gonna lie, this stuff about Hall’s agent with Marner is getting me paranoid.

I've never been convinced Hall wants to be here and I stand by that. I also believe Vatanen doesn't want to be here, but that's obviously not comparing apples to apples. What it could imply though is who really WANTS to come to Newark? :help:

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017

i wouldn't worry. even with hall on this roster the team will still need a lot to go right just to be a bubble team.

its different feeling too because we aren't good. like when parise nieds rafalski gomez holik left a good team making us worse. pretty weird feeling honestly.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I've never been convinced Hall wants to be here and I stand by that. I also believe Vatanen doesn't want to be here, but that's obviously not comparing apples to apples. What it could imply though is who really WANTS to come to Newark? :help:

What evidence really is there that either guy doesn’t want to be here? Other than the supposition that Hall wants to play for a better team.

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
Centers are typically more valuable at the deadline, but if Boyle gets a second, Johansson should get a 2nd.

I don't think one thing follows from the other. Boyle's versatility makes him more attractive to playoff teams, who usually have somewhere they can stick a guy like Boyle. The same rules don't apply to Johansson, plus he has a higher salary. It doesn't make a ton of sense, but I would not be surprised to see Johansson return less than Boyle.

Scooooooooooooot

Jul 31, 2018
I don't think one thing follows from the other. Boyle's versatility makes him more attractive to playoff teams, who usually have somewhere they can stick a guy like Boyle. The same rules don't apply to Johansson, plus he has a higher salary. It doesn't make a ton of sense, but I would not be surprised to see Johansson return less than Boyle.

Devils didnt retain on boyle and could retain half on Mojo and they would a similar salary, also mojo can play PP, plays center at times, not a pk guy but he has more speed and skill.

Reactions: MichaelJ

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
Devils didnt retain on boyle and could retain half on Mojo and they would a similar salary, also mojo can play PP, plays center at times, not a pk guy but he has more speed and skill.

Absolutely none of this changes what I said. It would not surprise me to see Johansson return less than Boyle in a trade, even at 50% retention.

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
Unfortunately, the Boyle trade probably signifies Shero waving the surrender flag on the season and hopefully the vets keep trying so the kids see that they can't just give up in a tough spot.

This team gave up back in November.

Reactions: aero8279

mtnet

LGD!
Oct 31, 2014
I’m having nightmares thinking about what tomorrow’s lineup is going to look like.

Wouldn't surprise me if a select few in the lineup will look like this before too long

2rgff2t.jpg

Call Me Al

Aug 28, 2017
Unfortunately, the Boyle trade probably signifies Shero waving the surrender flag on the season and hopefully the vets keep trying so the kids see that they can't just give up in a tough spot.

wait, did you think this team was still trying to make the playoffs?

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
Devils need a 2C and another top6 RW? Sign Marner, he’ll instantly make Zacha a 2C, the kid is running at a 21 goal pace (82 games) over his last 35 games since his recall :sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad