Not open for further replies.

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
>"I don't like Butcher, he is slow and not good at 5 on 5"
>"We should trade Butcher right now for a haul!"

literally never fails

I side with you on most things, but the only person hastily jumping to conclusions here is you.

Butcher was mentioned in terms of potential trade value. No one is advocating trading him. It does seem... oxymoronic... to not believe in his “upward trajectory” but then claim he’d fetch a ton, but you gotta relax.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
I side with you on most things, but the only person hastily jumping to conclusions here is you.

Butcher was mentioned in terms of potential trade value. No one is advocating trading him. It does seem... oxymoronic... to not believe in his “upward trajectory” but then claim he’d fetch a ton, but you gotta relax.

there have been multiple posts by a couple different people over the past few weeks stating essentially if Ty Smith pans out, we should trade Butcher. As if we aren't allowed to have the 2 on the same team or something.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
way too early to put mcleod in the zacha category
Actually I am not putting McLeod in the Zacha category...he isn't anywhere near as good as Zacha.

Zacha had 24 points in the NHL at 19 years old...Mcleaod is struggling to produce in the AHL at 20....Mcleod is closer to Matteau than Zacha edit: at the moment.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ol Dirty Bstrd

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Was definitely surprised when I saw Zacha got sent down yesterday but at the same time I get it. Let him go down there and hopefully remember what it's like to put up points, then come back and use that. I really don't like Gabriel being up but, whatever. At least watching Seney should be fun tonight.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Gabriel is the classic "we're too soft" move. Hopefully it's only for a game or two and the message gets through.
Something needs to be done. Every game I am amazed... mostly amazed by how no one notices the abuse Hischier takes . People say things like "Oh hes so good at drawing penalties...". I am like wtf are these people watching? He has been molested for 10 minutes none of our team did anything and refs finally did...

He is getting the shit beat out of him almost every night and nobody does anything about it...that is what is happening

Reactions: MartyOwns

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
Gabriel is the classic "we're too soft" move. Hopefully it's only for a game or two and the message gets through.

IMO if the message is for the other players then this is the wrong way to message from a coaching staff. Put a weak team together for a message with the chance of a loss, hello!

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Mueller and Severson are 6'3''.

You do know its OK to have one than one offensively gifted DMan

right?

Butcher's value is the PP. If Smith can reliably assume that role, the question becomes how do we maximize the current roster to plug other holes. Butcher is an excellent candidate.

You're aware how trades generally work

right?

Last edited by a moderator:

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.

It's a signature move at this point.

And again, moving Butcher is being discussed in a scenario where what he's already providing can be competently assumed by Ty Smith.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Something needs to be done. Every game I am amazed... mostly amazed by how no one notices the abuse Hischier takes . People say things like "Oh hes so good at drawing penalties...". I am like wtf are these people watching? He has been molested for 10 minutes none of our team did anything and refs finally did...

He is getting the **** beat out of him almost every night and nobody does anything about it...that is what is happening

While I'm still against goons like Gabriel, this has been an issue going back to last year. I mean, when Travis Zajac of all people is the one who finally says "enough of this shit" and goes after a piece of shit like Gudas...

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
again you're assuming a team only needs one good offensively gifted DMan, which makes absolutely no sense. I know we haven't seen much of it here in recent times, but it is OK to have multiple DMen capable of producing offense.

What do you realistically expect Butcher to bring back in a trade, since according to you all his value is is on the PP?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Darkauron

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
While I'm still against goons like Gabriel, this has been an issue going back to last year. I mean, when Travis Zajac of all people is the one who finally says "enough of this ****" and goes after a piece of **** like Gudas...
My opinion is that a better statement might have been putting Wood on Hall and Hischier's RIght side for a few shifts. That's how I might've approached it

Reactions: ChicksDigTheTrap

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
again you're assuming a team only needs one good offensively gifted DMan, which makes absolutely no sense. I know we haven't seen much of it here in recent times, but it is OK to have multiple DMen capable of producing offense.

What do you realistically expect Butcher to bring back in a trade, since according to you all his value is is on the PP?
More than anything else on the team.

You're harping on and on about his offensive gifts, so I'm assuming your value assessment even eclipses mine.

Darkauron

Jul 14, 2011
South Jersey
Hey guys! Let's trade hall! Let's trade butcher since he will be redundant if a player that may or may not even make the team next year cause we can't have similar kinds of players! Hmmm thinking...

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
When a 36 year old Andy Greene is a significantly better skater than your 24 year old offensive Dman I am not sure what you really have in that O Dman.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Hey guys! Let's trade hall! Let's trade butcher since he will be redundant if a player that may or may not even make the team next year cause we can't have similar kinds of players! Hmmm thinking...
Cause that's the argument being made.

Hmmm reading comprehension...

The absolutely astronomical idiocy of snarky sarcasm set against a willful misreading of the argument being made is astounding.

oxman44

Dec 1, 2015
Hunterdon
Wow those lines are horrendous. The 2nd line is a 3rd line and the bottom six is 3/4 Ahl caliber. And how do these coaches think that giving a goon like gabriel 7 mins to go try and fight someone is going to help the other 17 players play less soft? The talent/player evaluation and usage from this staff baffles me quite often

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad