Devils 2017-18 team discussion (player news and notes) - Offseason part IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I was a little surprised to see that Henrique was this high on our all time short handed goals list...

Short-Handed Goals
1. John Madden 17
2. Patrik Elias 16
3. Adam Henrique 13
4. Doug Brown 11
Stephane Richer 11
6. Jamie Langenbrunner 10
John MacLean 10
Brian Rolston 10
9. Wilf Paiement 9
10. Travis Zajac. 8

mtnet

LGD!
Oct 31, 2014
He's nothing if not opportunistic, if only he could handle shootouts as if he's being pursued on a shorthanded goal attempt

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
I was a little surprised to see that Henrique was this high on our all time short handed goals list...

Short-Handed Goals
1. John Madden 17
2. Patrik Elias 16
3. Adam Henrique 13
4. Doug Brown 11
Stephane Richer 11
John MacLean 10
Brian Rolston 10
9. Wilf Paiement 9
10. Travis Zajac. ,, 8

Wilf was KC or Colorado?

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Just a couple of years ago, it looked like Henrique was gonna smash the team shorthanded goals record, quite easily.

I don't remember him scoring any shorthanded goals last year, unless he had an empty netter. It seems like he hasn't scored one since early in the 15-16 season.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
He's nothing if not opportunistic, if only he could handle shootouts as if he's being pursued on a shorthanded goal attempt

There's no way in hell that he should have amassed as many shootout attempts as he has. How didn't Pete realize early on that Henrique was awful in them? Frickin must have been close to 15 times. He was even using him in them in the finale of his Devils head coaching gig.

If you want me to say something nice about Hynes, at least he realized early on how bad Henrique was at shootouts. He even scored one of him two career shootout goals with Hynes and he still only gave him one or two chances after that.

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
Just a couple of years ago, it looked like Henrique was gonna smash the team shorthanded goals record, quite easily.

I don't remember him scoring any shorthanded goals last year, unless he had an empty netter. It seems like he hasn't scored one since early in the 15-16 season.

ugh i went to hockeyanalysis.com

i hate that the guy got hired elsewhere. that was some fantastic tracking

anyway, rico had 2 SHG last year. actually led our team. league leader was arvidsson with 5

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ

Short-Handed Goals
1. John Madden 17
2. Patrik Elias 16
3. Adam Henrique 13
4. Doug Brown 11
Stephane Richer 11
John MacLean 10
Brian Rolston 10
9. Wilf Paiement 9
10. Travis Zajac. 8

It is a bit surprising to see Henrique that high.

I remember Kovalchuk and Parise getting goals on the PK - in the 2011-2012 season they had 3 each, while Henrique had 4, Zubrus had 3 (Zubrus?!?!?) and Elias had 2.

A quarter of Henrique's goals his rookie year were on the PK. None on the PP. 52.1% defensive zone starts, 18:10 per night. He even had more time on the PK than Zajac - 1:47 vs. 1:18, trailing only Zubrus (2:00) and Parise (1:57)...though Zajac only played 15 games. Damn fine rookie campaign though for AH.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
He's constantly been a threat on the PK his whole career, he's made good tandems with Zach, Patty and Trav. I never would have guessed he'd have that many though.

Truthfully, I'm shocked Madden doesn't have more with how lethal he was.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Pandolfo didn't score goals. That was kind of his gimmick.

His first year under Sutter, him and Madden were our offensive catalysts for the first month and a half :laugh: I couldn't believe how productive they were together. Unfortunately, he got hurt and what ruined what likely would have been a career year for him.

bobilly45

Jan 1, 2013
We really are in the depths of hell in the offseason. :laugh:

But we are slowly coming out of it. NFL starts their preseason, won't be long before we start ours. At least both those sports are 1000x more exciting to watch then basebore

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
In some bizarro world, I'm currently defending Pandolfo from some dude on the main board calling him a "plug".

We really are in the depths of hell in the offseason. :laugh:

My God. What could be next after having a conversation about Pandolfo? Here are some completely irrelevant topics for you.

Zdeno Cigar was an underrated player.
Had Sharifjanov lived, he would have had 150+ career NHL goals.
Viktor Kozlov could have been a 40 goal scorer in the NHL.
Eric Weinrich was better than Tommy Albelin.

Go.

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
ditto he was my favorite devil when i was young. dont remember much about him playing i was super young but i remember his cheeks always being bright red

Loved his engine. Fun player to root for. Might be one of the first guys to set the tone for what 'Devils hockey' meant for all the other kids to follow.

Doug Brown gets underrated as to his value to our franchise.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Does anyone remember Zdeno Ciger's hat trick game against us? I think he was playing for Tampa and it was a home game in the early 00's. I wanna say it was right before Larry Robinson was fired in 2001-2002. It was beyond pathetic by our then standards.

ugh i went to hockeyanalysis.com

i hate that the guy got hired elsewhere. that was some fantastic tracking

anyway, rico had 2 SHG last year. actually led our team. league leader was arvidsson with 5
Had to look them up. One was on December 15th against Detroit and the other was on January 31st against Detroit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad