Devils 2017-18 team discussion (player news and notes) - Offseason part IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
there's a direct correlation between our lack of scoring and our **** defense IMO
I'll go with that for sure. One other thing that bugs me is that the defensemen on the team that helps the transition game the most, was only given a little over 20 minutes per game last year. I'm so annoyed that Severson played over 1.5 minutes more per game in 14-15 (his rookie year at 20 years old) than he did last season. That's a joke. He averaged around 23 minutes of ice time while DeBoer was still coach. When Pete DeBoer is playing a 20 year old almost 23 minutes per game and we gave him a little over 20 minutes, something is definitely ****ed up and wrong.
Yeah. Feels like the Edmonton way of building a team.
Except Edmonton didn't have a goalie for years, up until they got Talbot. The last few GM's thought they could cheap out by acquiring garbage like Scrivens and Fasth, and then Tambellini (or whoever was there at the time) signed an old Khabibulin, who actually wasn't even as bad as those other 2 guys. Cheaping out on Scrivens is like replacing your alternator with the $22 dollar one at Auto Zone It usually only lasts for not very long.

Where are they today? Those guys are over in Europe, and it wasn't because Edmonton's defense (which Talbot has flourished behind) sucks. It's because they sucked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad