Mar 21, 2007
chickenlittle_zps5e17e274.png

Resume.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
What a disaster. This is going to be just like when we didn't resign Graham Black, or Matt Lorito, or whatever flavor of the month dime-a-dozen AHL player/prospect. Just look at how successful they've been elsewhere.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
What a disaster. This is going to be just like when we didn't resign Graham Black, or Matt Lorito, or whatever flavor of the month dime-a-dozen AHL player/prospect. Just look at how successful they've been elsewhere.

I'm lost, who didn't we sign this time? Kerfoot?

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
I'm lost, who didn't we sign this time? Kerfoot?

The funny thing is we don't even know if he's going to sign or not. But of course we've got the usual "organization is doomed" crowd somehow using the possibility of a 5th rounder not signing as "proof" that we're too cheap, nobody wants to play for us, or whatever other stupid **** they feel like coming up with.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
The funny thing is we don't even know if he's going to sign or not. But of course we've got the usual "organization is doomed" crowd somehow using the possibility of a 5th rounder not signing as "proof" that we're too cheap, nobody wants to play for us, or whatever other stupid **** they feel like coming up with.

I'm not sure why anyone cares about Kerfoot?

Smells like another Coleman or Graham Black to me.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I think some people around here just feed off of negativity and anger.:laugh:

God forbid if we don't sign another 4th line ceiling/AHL superstar guy.

Just like the meltdown after we waived Urbom and the Caps claimed him.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
It's disingenuous to compare Kerfoot to Black or others picks that were blown by Conte.

Why?

We need guys with high ceilings, I don't feel like Kerfoot really has that. Though his college production looks better than Coleman's.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County

Nobody is saying anything, save zharkenby (grain of salt obv), about the club being doomed. It's about an asset POSSIBLY leaving for nothing. That's it.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Bro, we don't need any more prospects lol. We are fine! Who cares!?

two questions for you

A) where would you rank Kerfoot as far as Devils prospects goes?
B) if Kerfoot were to enter the 2017 draft, what round do you think he'd go? keep in mind he turns 23 in a few months.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Hey, Kelleher might sign! Awesome, free prospect. Hey someone we drafted might not sign, whatever, who cares we don't need em.

difference being one WANTS to be here (if he signs) while one DOESN'T (assuming what Dreger said is true)

NJRockinRoller

May 14, 2014
two questions for you

A) where would you rank Kerfoot as far as Devils prospects goes?
B) if Kerfoot were to enter the 2017 draft, what round do you think he'd go? keep in mind he turns 23 in a few months.

I don't know enough about this player to rank him. I've never seen him play. Have you?

Where do you rank the Devils prospect pool? Most analysts have them somewhere in the Mid 20's. As a team that has missed the playoffs now 5 years running and is currently putrid.

So with that said, if he is highly regarded enough that the GM wants to sign him, other GM's want to sign him, and he's even being discussed on TSN, and he slinks out the door, I care.

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
He's being brought up on TSN in part because there is an insatiable demand for hockey news in Canada. Remember when Matt O'Connor was visiting 8 different NHL teams and Bob McKenzie breathlessly reported each day where he was going? Players with Kerfoot's numbers in college do not often amount to much.

That said, Kerfoot could be a nice addition to Binghamton and has a chance at an NHL career. Would be a shame to lose him. It's not any more meaningful than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad