Devils 2016-17 team discussion (player news and notes) - Part VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
I don't understand why Helgeson is the first callup over Mozik or Auvitu, although he will fit better in the low-event system they've gone back to lately.

Clearly they don't trust Auvitu, and they probably want a more experienced player than Mozik.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I don't understand why Helgeson is the first callup over Mozik or Auvitu, although he will fit better in the low-event system they've gone back to lately.

I don't understand why he's a call up AT ALL EVER.

Guy is TERRIBLE. I can see us getting back to the 40 shots against games with him up here.

Devils1029

Jun 19, 2008
I'd like to see Coleman in place of Lappin for a brief time. Coleman seems to be playing well lately.

We could roll with a Kalinin - Coleman - DSP/Bennett fourth line for a bit.

Me too....Coleman has 2 goals tonight for Albany and he's feisty too...I'd love him on our 4th line in place of Lappin...

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Lappin is currently riding a 15 game goal drought and a 13 game point drought, so I'd be okay with giving somebody else a shot.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Clearly they don't trust Auvitu, and they probably want a more experienced player than Mozik.

Meh.

Not sure what Helgeson is experienced in, other than getting glued into the defensive zone. He was pinned in as much as Severson in that Pittsburgh game and Severson played like 8 or 9 minutes more than him.

It's always the same thing with him, every NHL game.

If not for Mark Fraser, Helgeson is the worst regular call up defensemen we've had in years.

Ray Giroux must be beyond clinically depressed that Helgeson has played more NHL games than he did.:laugh:

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Meh.

Not sure what Helgeson is experienced in, other than getting glued into the defensive zone. He was pinned in as much as Severson in that Pittsburgh game and Severson played like 8 or 9 minutes more than him.

It's always the same thing with him, every NHL game.

If not for Mark Fraser, Helgeson is the worst regular call up defensemen we've had in years.

Ray Giroux must be beyond clinically depressed that Helgeson has played more NHL games than he did.:laugh:

Ray Giroux should play in the Devils
Initial old timers game.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Lappin isn't anywhere near as bad as Sestito, not even close.

Sestito played over 101 NHL games in his career and had exactly 0 goals and 8 assists.

Lappin already has 4 times as many goals and one fewer point in 70 fewer NHL games played.

Don't get me wrong, I would have no problems with someone else getting a chance and Lappin going back to Albany, but that's a harsh insult to Lappin to compare him to Sestito.

Even Kalinin looks like a great player next to Sestito, Stephen Gionta did too....

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Lappin isn't anywhere near as bad as Sestito, not even close.

Sestito played over 101 NHL games in his career and had exactly 0 goals and 8 assists.

Lappin already has 4 times as many goals and one fewer point in 70 fewer NHL games played.

Don't get me wrong, I would have no problems with someone else getting a chance and Lappin going back to Albany, but that's a harsh insult to Lappin to compare him to Sestito.

Even Kalinin looks like a great player next to Sestito, Stephen Gionta did too....

4 times 0 is still 0

:ghost2:

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Ray Giroux should play in the Devils
Initial old timers game.

I looked him up on wikipedia and it says he's currently playing for the Metallurg Novokuznetsk of the KHL.

Though hockeydb has his last year as 2013-2014. Since no one actually remembers Ray Giroux, I'm assuming he really is retired and that hasn't been edited in years.:laugh:

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
4 times 0 is still 0

:ghost2:

Damn math nazi!:laugh:

Sestito was one of these awful no talent call ups that Lou seemed to love in the end, and every coach we had seemed to love him too. From Lemaire to Johnny Mac to Pete and the N. Bench coaches.

I feel like Helgeson is the defense equivalent of that right now.

I keep forgetting we had that AWFUL Rod Pelley playing for us on the main roster for like 3 years. YUCK!

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
I looked him up on wikipedia and it says he's currently playing for the Metallurg Novokuznetsk of the KHL.

Though hockeydb has his last year as 2013-2014. Since no one actually remembers Ray Giroux, I'm assuming he really is retired and that hasn't been edited in years.:laugh:

Pair him with Goc or Fahey.
Put Sam St Laurent in goal.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Pair him with Goc or Fahey.
Put Sam St Laurent in goal.

I have a Sam St Laurent card somewhere around here. It's from when he was with the Red Wings!:laugh:

A Boumedienne-Zyuzin pairing might be fun too.:help:

Boumedienne had a goal per game as a Devil, as did Noah Clarke. They should play that game too.

Seriously though DD, I doubt anyone would come to see an alumni game with all these bums haha.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I might claim Nieto if it were up to me and send Lappin down or something.

I wouldn't give him a HUGE leash or anything though. He may or may not be better than the majority of our bottom 6. I'd take him over Josefson, Kalinin, Gazdic (YUCK!), and maybe Wood or Lappin at this point.

But then again, he might not be a whole lot better than any of them other than Gazdic. He's pretty much been Jacob Josefson for the last year and a half, but he did score 27 points in 72 games in 14-15 and 24 points in 66 games in 13-14.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
I have a Sam St Laurent card somewhere around here. It's from when he was with the Red Wings!:laugh:

A Boumedienne-Zyuzin pairing might be fun too.:help:

Boumedienne had a goal per game as a Devil, as did Noah Clarke. They should play that game too.

Seriously though DD, I doubt anyone would come to see an alumni game with all these bums haha.

They would to see a line of Grant Mulvey, Jon Morris and Gary McAdam though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad