JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
74EGR2U.jpg

Jets012

Oct 19, 2015
Give me a break.

Analytically he's one of our best players. He gets shots on goal and creates plays. Very rarely see him trapped in his own zone. Lovejoy/Moore can't say that.

Someone had to go down to make any type of move, Wood and Lappin have been pretty good so they aren't sending them down ATM. I'm sure they want Merrill to get some games also and Auvitu is the only other player they can send down.

I mean they could have just sent Moore down. Him being off the team would actually be a positive at this point.

He plays 16 minutes a night and has gone cold for a while now. He's not close to one of our best players, not even one of our best defenseman. Even though I dislike the move this isn't earth-shattering by any means.

Well that's more of a Hynes issue. Auvitu deserves more minutes than what he's getting. Yes I will admit his last three games he has struggled, but Moore has struggled the last 2-3 years. Don't understand why Moore gets an exception but not Auvitu. We have a weak defense core, sending down one of the better players on it does not make it better.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
One of our best players is a stretch. He obviously does certain things well offensively, but he also makes poor reads at times and be too aggressive. You could say that for plenty of our defensemen, but the key is that Auvitu is the only one who is able to be sent down without being on waivers.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
They're not sending Moore down, he's still signed through next year, probably gets claimed and even if neither were true they still think he's an everyday defenseman. Clearly they don't look at analytics as much as people wanted to believe, at least not the public version of analytics.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Auvitu has been terrible of late.

Once there was game footage on him, teams realized he never engaged in board battles, he got outmuscled physically with ease, and it was easy to close him off when he tried to push the play up the ice. He always tried to chip pucks past players and the last few games teams knew that and would pick off every pass.

Going down the Albany will do wonders for him, let him adapt to defending to a pro-style game. Let him get some confidence and then hopefully we will see what we saw earlier in the year.

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
So now we're carrying 15 forwards, who's gonna sit? Zacha will probably play tomorrow and I would imagine Gazdic is in.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
So now we're carrying 15 forwards, who's gonna sit? Zacha will probably play tomorrow and I would imagine Gazdic is in.

It certainly should be DSP or Kalinin...But given that Hynes is set on icing a more physical team to face St.Louis it could be BB or PAP that sits.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
I don't want Hall dragged down with Henrique and PAP anymore...I wish Hynes would split them up. I'd rather him with Zajac or even Zacha. Henrique's lazy floating pisses me off. And he honestly looks slow this season, idk what his deal is.

Sgt Brylin

Trade is one for one
Dec 28, 2012
Hall-Henrique-BB8
Cammalleri-Zajac-Palmieri
Wood-Zacha-PAP
Gazdic-Fiddler-Lappin

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
We've officially reached the territory of when we called up Cam under Pete and Lou in early 13-14.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
Andrei Loktionov sighting

The number of obscure Devils we churned out in that 2013-2015 period is quite impressive, him being one of them.

Tom Kostopoulos
Matt D'Agostini
Bobby Butler
Krys Barch
Rostislav Olez
Damien Brunner
Martin Havlat
Mike Sislo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events