Devils 2015-16 team discussion (player news & notes) Offseason version ‎II

Status
Not open for further replies.

captainscott

Nov 5, 2007
We cant give up any of your young forwards.

Pretty easy no for me. Im not nearly as worried about the D future as others are here.

3 words:

steve santini

thats why I'm not worried about our D... i think he is gonna be a stud and quickly

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
How would you guys feel about:

Clowe and Zacha for Fowler and Stoner?

obviously like Fowler but wouldn't do this trade. Devils do not have enough contributions from young forwards(even with trading for Hall) to trade the top center/winger prospect for someone who can reach UFA status in two years.

alcolol

Aug 12, 2014
Dallas
Can we trade a guy who's our assistant coach?

You know, I thought I remembered Clowe being hired by the Devils in some capacity but a cursory search into the matter turned up nothing. Well **** me.

Maybe you'd entertain swapping assistant coaches then? Niedermayer for Clowe? :sarcasm:

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
That trade sucks.

Keep Zacha and Clowe's dead cap hit.

That's essentially trading Zacha for Fowler.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
You must think very poorly of Zacha then

Agreed.

He was very adamant about not trading Severson under any circumstances, but would trade Zacha for Fowler?

I don't understand.

And the players names that were tossed around for Severson actually made sense for the most part. Zacha for Fowler does not.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Fowler is being overrated by our fan base

he is a good player, a top 4 DMan, but we shouldnt be trading a player like Zacha for him

doesnt make sense organizationally IMO

DevilsFanInFla

Feb 28, 2014
Fowler is not a #1 Dman, he's a 2/3 guy. I guess the dry trade market increases his value but I wouldn't pay what it would take to acquire a good, not great, Dman like him. Especially not Zacha. I like Fowler but the hype doesn't match the player.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
We should have signed Stemp this summer.

I'm not sure I would have given him the extra year Carolina did. Although I guess we could have exposed him in the expansion draft if he fell off that quickly this upcoming season. Plus, who knows, maybe he didn't want to come back here. Sometimes I think he's trying to be the new Mike Sillinger and play for like 12 teams.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
For years we've been talking about how we need talented young forwards, and now you want to trade one of the few we have for a defenseman?

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Zacha is our top forward prospect, he's worth more to us than Fowler would be. I wouldn't trade Zacha unless the return was too good to pass up, and that isn't Cam Fowler.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
I would not trade Zacha unless we were blown away in a deal..There's no reason to trade him before we know what we have. He could end up being our best player in a few years for all we know.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
players like Zacha rarely, if ever, get traded at this point in their careers, so it's kind of a moot argument

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad