Not open for further replies.

jasonthenicest

Because The Internet
jagrgoal.gif

with awkward salute maybe not fist pump celey

Just Win

Nov 3, 2008
Stuttgart
Moral is you can be one of the "hottest teams in hockey" - over a ten game stretch or so - when your goaltending is among "the hottest goaltending in hockey"

There's no other major sport (baseball, football, basketball, soccer) where one hot player (or tandem in this case) can cause results like this that are, so to speak, so counter intuitive for the rest of the play you watch.

Agree to disagree. In basketball one guy can be the difference between championship caliber team and lottery (Cavs with and without LeBron). And a good QB is often the entire difference between winning or losing 10+ games.

Goalies are very important but hockey is much more of a team game where having a balanced team is more important than having one superstar. Not even Hasek with all his records could win with the Sabres.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
This winning streak has given me a lot more confidence in this team moving forward. Beating the Pens, Ducks, and Kings in a row is no small task and the team stepped up to play. Not necessarily last night but Schneider stole the show so I'll take it. I can see Marty's play maybe dipping down in the near future, which would be hard not to happen given how well he's played, but Schneider is a different story. Yea, he's not going to play like he did last night every game but I don't think his average performances will drop down that much in quality, the guy is simply amazing.

Another tough test tomorrow, and I wouldn't be surprised to see a lose. But the Sharks are a very good team so losing to them wouldn't be shameful. Do the Sharks have Mcflurry minute too? That seemed to give the team a little spark :laugh:

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
bonus points for Jagr eating a McFlurry and Schneider as Ronald McDonald

Mory Schneideur*

Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice 13s
Carter: "Schneider played a great game for us. Obviously, he deserves all the credit tonight.â€

They should pray to our lord and savior, Cory Schneider :laugh:

2nd Commandment: Thou shall not have false gods before Marty

3rd Commandment: Honor thy goalie

jagrgodr

Sep 24, 2006
Oh and by the by, i believe that Barr was just so excited and was possibly pounding the glass to acknowledge the devils fan that is to the right of the angry woman. Right when Barr celebrates you can see that his peripheral had the jersey fan right in his view, he walks forward a bit and turns to him to bang the glass and as the woman notices him banging it, she thinks its towards her, starts to give a thumbs up but then realizes that is the enemy's coach and proceeds to flick him off.

Or Barr just trolled her, but i doubt it.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Oh and by the by, i believe that Barr was just so excited and was possibly pounding the glass to acknowledge the devils fan that is to the right of the angry woman. Right when Barr celebrates you can see that his peripheral had the jersey fan right in his view, he walks forward a bit and turns to him to bang the glass and as the woman notices him banging it, she thinks its towards her, starts to give a thumbs up but then realizes that is the enemy's coach and proceeds to flick him off.

Or Barr just trolled her, but i doubt it.

maybe. or she/they were hurling abuse all game long and he bashed the glass to taunt them when we won

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
We've had some luck, and we've had some instances of hard work paying off. last night in my mind was the luckiest we have been ina while. the offense was completely putrid and our PP was the worst its been all season. probably even last season too

but we won so who cares :laugh:

Ehhh I don't really like to call it luck because Cory was hot and on, and last I checked he also played for the Devils.

Our goalie outplayed everyone for the first two periods. We woke up in the third (I'd say the third period was even) and we came out strong in OT and won the game.

Also the last PP we had did look really good. Held the zone, had excellent movement, and we had good looks...BUT for some reason Henrique wouldn't shoot.

Also our PK deserves some credit too. Kings had quite a few PPs and outside of one, we never really let them set up, and when we did Cory was on top of his game.

jagrgodr

Sep 24, 2006
just realized that Marty grabbed the game winning goal puck for Jagr, omg i think i feel a 41 year old bromance forming.

This is beginning to feel like a movie. Like Lethal weapon 9 Rush Hour with jackie chan and chris tucker or something

Last edited:

Kurt Cobain

Mar 30, 2004
Man our goaltending is amazing between Brodeur and Schneider..we might have 2 goalies who are top ten in the world if not better..how often do teams have that type of option of two goalies who are that good? I know it's a long shot by could you imagine if Brodeur ends up being the starter for team Canada and Schneider ends up being the starter for team USA? I think they will both make the team if they keep playing as good as they have even if they are not the starters..does anyone know when the deadline is for when the Olympic teams have to be selected by?

ThePSEGPowerPoster

LOSER POINTS!
Feb 23, 2013
Neither will start unfortunately. Though I think Cory has a better shot than Marty. Harding and Price have been spectacular. Marty's time has passed on the Olympic stage.

Though I sincerely believe Marty would be the best goalie for that team because of his ability to handle the puck.

Marty vs Cory gold medal game?

Almost as good as a Cup for me.

PWiz30

I love to hockey!
Jan 3, 2013
I think Gelinas emergence has helped solidify our D6 and has also had a positive effect on Larsson, its just a shame Merrill got hurt, would love to see such a young and talented defense maturing.

It would have been nice to see Merrill get more than 3 shifts but he wasn't ready to be a full time NHL player. He hasn't played a season this long since NTDP and defenseman take longer to develop any way. Lou made the right call to send him back to Albany but don't worry, we'll see more of him next year.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Man our goaltending is amazing between Brodeur and Schneider..we might have 2 goalies who are top ten in the world if not better..how often do teams have that type of option of two goalies who are that good? I know it's a long shot by could you imagine if Brodeur ends up being the starter for team Canada and Schneider ends up being the starter for team USA? I think they will both make the team if they keep playing as good as they have even if they are not the starters..does anyone know when the deadline is for when the Olympic teams have to be selected by?

I think January 1st is when the rosters have to be submitted.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
It would have been nice to see Merrill get more than 3 shifts but he wasn't ready to be a full time NHL player. He hasn't played a season this long since NTDP and defenseman take longer to develop any way. Lou made the right call to send him back to Albany but don't worry, we'll see more of him next year.

It wouldn't of been fair to throw him into the meat grinders these Cali games have been fresh off a concussion like that. Having him sit in the box the whole trip doesn't do anything for him either.

Was best to let him get back to Albany and playing games and continuing his development. We will see him in due time.

PWiz30

I love to hockey!
Jan 3, 2013
Neither will start unfortunately. Though I think Cory has a better shot than Marty. Harding and Price have been spectacular. Marty's time has passed on the Olympic stage.

Though I sincerely believe Marty would be the best goalie for that team because of his ability to handle the puck.

Marty vs Cory gold medal game?

Almost as good as a Cup for me.

I hadn't considered Harding but now you've got me wondering if he's got a chance to play for them. It would sure make a great story and he has played for Canada before, albeit as Fleury's backup at the WJC. AS much as I want to root against Zach, it's pretty hard for me as a fellow backwards goalie to not root for Harding after everything he's been through.

PWiz30

I love to hockey!
Jan 3, 2013
It wouldn't of been fair to throw him into the meat grinders these Cali games have been fresh off a concussion like that. Having him sit in the box the whole trip doesn't do anything for him either.

Was best to let him get back to Albany and playing games and continuing his development. We will see him in due time.

I don't even think it's a question of whether or not he can compete on a given night. It's more about all the other demands of the NHL lifestyle and having to bring his A game every night. He's gonna get worn down by the end of the year regardless of whether he's with the big club or in Albany but in the A the consequences won't be quite as bad on the nights he does struggle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad