Post-Game Talk: Devils 2 Kings 1 - The IDK how Winning Streak Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
please, anyone...whats this mc flurry minutes about?

We discovered yesterday that the final minute of the 2nd period in LA is called the McFlurry Minute

I think years ago before the McFlurry Minute, the Kings had a promotion where everybody would get a McFlurry if a particular player scored in the 2nd period. I remember being at a game and they announced that the player that game would be journeyman Craig Johnson. The entire crowd instantaneously groaned. I'm pretty sure the players were on the benches at that point too. I'd have to imagine that Johnson would have heard that. Amusing thing was that he got a breakaway that period too, but didn't score.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I think years ago before the McFlurry Minute, the Kings had a promotion where everybody would get a McFlurry if a particular player scored in the 2nd period. I remember being at a game and they announced that the player that game would be journeyman Craig Johnson. The entire crowd instantaneously groaned. I'm pretty sure the players were on the benches at that point too. I'd have to imagine that Johnson would have heard that. Amusing thing was that he got a breakaway that period too, but didn't score.
I bet the crowd was going crazy during the breakaway.:laugh::laugh:

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
I bet the crowd was going crazy during the breakaway.:laugh::laugh:

Yeah, it made for a tremendous laugh. We could almost taste the McFlurrys (or is it pluralized McFlurries?).

Craig Johnson has a small but indelible spot in my hockey memory. I grew up a little north of LA and really got into hockey in 1993 when the Kings made the Finals. They stunk the following year and I jumped on the Brodeur bandwagon in 1994. What sealed me becoming a Devils fan was the Kings trading away Gretzky in 1996. The most "valuable" asset they got in return ended up being Johnson. That trade centered around Roman Vopat (something of a Michal Handzus type prosect) and a first rounder in a deep 1997 Draft (which they used on a guy they didn't sign).

-----------

It's too bad this LA game was on a weeknight, otherwise I would have tried to have gone last night. I left work early on Wednesday and we made it to our seats just in time for the National Anthem in Anaheim. Getting up to LA during rush hour is probably another hour+. Nevermind the drive back to San Diego after the game.

(Ducks GDT was closed by the time I got home, so bear with me)

The Anaheim game worked out nicely. Had great seats on the goal line and had perfect views of the Jagr goal and Lovejoy bad bounce. Marty didn't have his best game, but it was great to see that Perreault save in person.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Neither will start unfortunately. Though I think Cory has a better shot than Marty. Harding and Price have been spectacular. Marty's time has passed on the Olympic stage.

Though I sincerely believe Marty would be the best goalie for that team because of his ability to handle the puck.

Marty vs Cory gold medal game?

Almost as good as a Cup for me.

That would be hilarious but I think Marty would rather rest his old bones during the Olympics. Why wouldn't he, he HAS accomplished everything he could on the international stage. And Miller/Quick are probably going to get the first shots at the US job.

Mory Schneideur*

Man our goaltending is amazing between Brodeur and Schneider..we might have 2 goalies who are top ten in the world if not better..how often do teams have that type of option of two goalies who are that good? I know it's a long shot by could you imagine if Brodeur ends up being the starter for team Canada and Schneider ends up being the starter for team USA? I think they will both make the team if they keep playing as good as they have even if they are not the starters..does anyone know when the deadline is for when the Olympic teams have to be selected by?

I thought they already had the goalies picked for Canada and Marty wasn't invited? Has something changed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad