Post-Game Talk: Devils 2 @ Canucks 1 | Sunday. Hometown Hockey. CBC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack Burton

Pro Tank Since 13
Oct 27, 2016
Pork Chop Express
Actually let's say he played Rodin ONLY on the PP in that game where he had 0:00 TOI.

The PP is already useless. Just sticking with it for half a season and wishing for it to turn around is stupidity.

But if he tried Rodin and the PP improved even a little, that's the same as where it is now. Over a couple games the PP could get better.

More goals = more wins = closer to the playoffs.

There isn't any plausible justification for Willie's comments about the PP.

Same thing with possibly replacing the AHL'ers in the lineup. If you can find more effective replacements over time it leads to more wins.

I think the bigger question here is

What's wrong with Rodin?

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Don't like WD, but not everything he says is completely stupid.

1. Rodin being ahead of Boucher. Don't see anything wrong with it. Maybe he could have phrased it better, but.....

2. They have (apparently) made adjustments to the PP so let's wait and see if it works out before thinking about changing personnel. A team basically got three ways to go. a) make adjustments with the players that have been playing b) changes the players c) do both. They went with a) It might not be the right way to, but don't really see the need to ridicule him for it. It's not like 5 players will perform at a given % regardless.

Unfortunately for him even when his ideas might make some sense he makes it sound weird in an awkward way. Kind of the opposite of Babcock who even when he is a bit lost makes it sound brilliant (not saying that is the only thing separating WD and Babcock :D ).

Zaddy91

Respectful Handshake
Jul 22, 2014
Vancouver
How can anyone watch when Willie is still coach. ****ing getting forced to go to the next game. He's literally made it where it feels like a chore to go

so funny my dad bought tickets and i gave up watching because the coach makes me lose my mind.

feel in the same boat

thepoeticgoblin

Dec 16, 2011
Sweden
I find it very funny that since Willie said that Marky has outperformed Millsy (not true - their stats are identica pretty much, advanced and regular) - Marky has started 2 out of 7, the second being last night, and we can fully expect Miller to the upcoming 3.

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
Re: Hometown Hockey

I missed the broadcast and forgot to PVR - did CBC show some of the "hometown hockey" events during intermission? One of our kids teams was involved.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014

1. Rodin being ahead of Boucher. Don't see anything wrong with it. Maybe he could have phrased it better, but.....

2. They have (apparently) made adjustments to the PP so let's wait and see if it works out before thinking about changing personnel. A team basically got three ways to go. a) make adjustments with the players that have been playing b) changes the players c) do both. They went with a) It might not be the right way to, but don't really see the need to ridicule him for it. It's not like 5 players will perform at a given % regardless.

Unfortunately for him even when his ideas might make some sense he makes it sound weird in an awkward way. Kind of the opposite of Babcock who even when he is a bit lost makes it sound brilliant (not saying that is the only thing separating WD and Babcock :D ).

Used to be on board with this, but no longer...just not convinced that almost everything he says isn't actually 'stupid' as you say.

As to your points....is Rodin ahead of Boucher...Possibly...but are both behind career AHL'ers Chaput and Megna, or Gaunce with zero goals on the season?

And as far as the pp is concerned, they still don't play their leading scorer Horvat on the first unit....Is there another coach in the entire NHL who benches his leading scorer for the first unit pp?..and what other changes have they made?....Baertschi at the point I guess.

And as far as the Sedins are concerned, they go out there and kill off their own pp....but will Willie break 'em up?...would Mike Babcock have broken them up by now?...Ya think?

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
I find it very funny that since Willie said that Marky has outperformed Millsy (not true - their stats are identica pretty much, advanced and regular) - Marky has started 2 out of 7, the second being last night, and we can fully expect Miller to the upcoming 3.

Let's hope they are trying to pump up Miller's trade value. However I suspect he'll be resigned for $4m+ for next year.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
Re: Hometown Hockey

I missed the broadcast and forgot to PVR - did CBC show some of the "hometown hockey" events during intermission? One of our kids teams was involved.

First intermission was mostly an in-studio interview with Gudbranson that rambled on and on before I muted it, and the second...dunno. Flipped over to football during it.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010

1. You're fine with an injured player being ahead of a healthy player? How is that fair? Why is that fair? Boucher should be playing right now. Either way, both players are behind Megna/Chaput...AHL'ers...

2. Wait and see for what? Not much has changed over the course of the season, and especially lately. Willie thinks this is a good PP and isn't changing it...he legit likes what he sees. I definitely see the need to ridicule him for it considering he is trotting out the same players while heavily favouring the top unit who has looked terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad