Prospect Info: Development/Rookie Camp

etherialone

dialed in your mom
Mar 6, 2008
The Ether
Gotta disagree here. There's no way guys like King or Penner would have a spot on the roster over a young Frolov. Heck Frolov is still scoring very well in the KHL

I am not certain where I said that but like most everyone else I get confused when I read what I write.

So I agree with you that Penner wouldn't have a spot on the team but King would over Frolov. Frolov would have been a terrible 3/4rth line utility player. Frolov over King as a top 6er no doubt.

My point was more that Fro would have been very poorly suited to play under TM or DS. I do want to say that I loved Frolov as a King and have always felt that he has been given a bum shake in retrospect by allot of Kings fans. His numbers where good and he always seem to be able to play under pressure.

Maybe he would play well enough for us today but if Max can bring his skillset to the NHL then he will be much better suited to succeeding in my opinion then Frolov would.

northernKing

Jul 15, 2004
I am not certain where I said that but like most everyone else I get confused when I read what I write.

So I agree with you that Penner wouldn't have a spot on the team but King would over Frolov. Frolov would have been a terrible 3/4rth line utility player. Frolov over King as a top 6er no doubt.

My point was more that Fro would have been very poorly suited to play under TM or DS. I do want to say that I loved Frolov as a King and have always felt that he has been given a bum shake in retrospect by allot of Kings fans. His numbers where good and he always seem to be able to play under pressure.

Maybe he would play well enough for us today but if Max can bring his skillset to the NHL then he will be much better suited to succeeding in my opinion then Frolov would.

Well I'm pretty sure Frolov played with Handzus and Modin on the third line and also with Handzus and Simmonds. He killed penalties aswell. IMO Frolov would have no problem playing under Sutter as he seems to favor puck possession and Frolov had better hands than any regular LW on the Kings roster

etherialone

dialed in your mom
Mar 6, 2008
The Ether
Well I'm pretty sure Frolov played with Handzus and Modin on the third line and also with Handzus and Simmonds. He killed penalties aswell. IMO Frolov would have no problem playing under Sutter as he seems to favor puck possession and Frolov had better hands than any regular LW on the Kings roster

Well that is the problem with these kind of debates. No way of really knowing what would happen. I like Frolov and after he left the Kings got to talk with him allot more. He is a funny guy and last I heard was happy where he is. He tied for leading scorer in Omsk KHL last year and at recently turned 31 still has a few good years in front of him.

He still comes to L.A. during the summer or he did last year.

Basilisk

Aug 5, 2012
Well that is the problem with these kind of debates. No way of really knowing what would happen. I like Frolov and after he left the Kings got to talk with him allot more. He is a funny guy and last I heard was happy where he is. He tied for leading scorer in Omsk KHL last year and at recently turned 31 still has a few good years in front of him.

He still comes to L.A. during the summer or he did last year.

I always wondered why Frolov was a winger and not a center. Seems to me he passed way more than he shot.....

HolyShot*

The refusal to resign frolov was DL trying to change the culture on the team. Frolov was a passive player and dean viewed that as no desire to win.

tigermask48

Maniacal Laugh
Mar 10, 2004
R'Lyeh, Antarctica
I always wondered why Frolov was a winger and not a center. Seems to me he passed way more than he shot.....

Because as good as he is at puck possession, he's a disaster in the faceoff circle... He's won something like ~35% of the draws he's taken over his career. Such a strange anamoly as you'd think someone with as great of hand-eye coordnation and skill protecting the puck would be better at the dots but he just isn't good... At all.

drugold

drunk, goals&swagger
Jul 13, 2009
Brisbane,
Poor Frolov. It can really mess with natural ability being coaxed into a role on a structured team. It just seems all the more highlighted with the stigma that surrounds a ruski.

seen em all

Aug 31, 2009
Andreoff will probably replace Fraser after next season. Once he fills out he could prove to be one of the toughest Kings with his fighting ability.

Sanbourin looked good fighting in juniors but in one AHL fight last year he was beaten by Ryan Craig...who is not that good of a fighter. So Scotty has some work to do...but he has potential.

Sabourin, in the fight with Craig was at the end of a long shift after crushing Cody Bass with a good clean hit,did not turn down Craig in there little dance, both players lost there balance and fell to the ice not really a fight, more of a pillow fight than a real fight. Sabourin will not back down ask Derek Mathers. I agree he has some work to do, he`s not fighting kids his own age now he`s fighting men.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad