Prospect Info: Development/Rookie Camp

ouendan1

Mar 14, 2009
Las Vegas
I'm depressed now, this is something I normally go to every year, but I have a full time job here in Michigan and am unable to attend this :(

Peter James Bond

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I am telling you guys. The Mayor is stalking us from the future. We ask and then he gets in the De Lorean and posts it 2 hours ago

Oh great! Please contact The Mayor to get in the De Lorean and work out the future details for Prokhorkin to be able to permanently come here and play...I am sure he's way ahead of us and in Russia right now, ironing out the final details for his release!

"Another possibility at forward would include 6-foot-2 sniper Nikolay Prokhorkin (fourth round, 2012). His situation was very complicated at the beginning of last season – one that involved lawyers and arbitration, with him eventually returning to Russia The Kings were very high on him last summer and loved his skill set. So, it will be interesting to see if he comes over for camp"

CNS

A World Alone
May 24, 2008
Every year I always want to go. And every year I end up not being able to. Gotta save money. Damn it.

goosh

Nov 25, 2010
Made my way over last year, look forward to doing the same this year.

Jun 30, 2006
So the Prokhorkin and Kitsyn situation could be resolved this week and they will be in camp? Holy ****. All of a sudden we have a LW log jam.

losingsand

Apr 13, 2007
Pasadena, ca
Just took a look at the roster.

Makes sense that deslaurier is no longer at these things.
Really hoping another player makes a WOW factor impact like he did.

Looking hopefully to see andreoff stand out again.

Peter James Bond

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
So the Prokhorkin and Kitsyn situation could be resolved this week and they will be in camp? Holy ****. All of a sudden we have a LW log jam.

Truly. LW is suddenly not horrible in the depth charts.

Pearson, Zykov, Kitsyn, Mersch, Prokhorkin, Kubalik and even Andreoff is a LW that can play center.

Even more exciting that several of the up and coming can score goals.

tigermask48

Maniacal Laugh
Mar 10, 2004
R'Lyeh, Antarctica

Unless something has changed in the last few weeks Kitsyn is likely coming to NA and will play in Manchester. Prokhorkin though unless some one has heard differently is stuck in Russia for 2 more years and seeing as the KHL season usually starts soonish he won't be there. I didn't see anything other than the Mayor he might be over and then linking to what is already known... Otherwise a solid list and pretty close to what I think the roster will look like.

Last edited:

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
I like what Hardy had to say about Ebert, man if that kid puts it all together.

What a steal of a pick that would be, 7th rounder.

Basilisk

Aug 5, 2012
Unless something has changed in the last few weeks Kitsyn is likely coming to NA and will play in Manchester. Prokhorkin though unless some one has heard differently is stuck in Russia for 2 more years and seeing as the KHL season usually starts soonish he won't be there. I didn't see anything other than the Mayor he might be over and then linking to what is already known... Otherwise a solid list and pretty close to what I think the roster will look like.

Isn't it just ONE more year?

tigermask48

Maniacal Laugh
Mar 10, 2004
R'Lyeh, Antarctica
Isn't it just ONE more year?

Nope. His contract with CSKA runs through 2015, so it's two more years. Unless of course Porkins some how comes up with the money to pay off the rest of the contract, which if it was possible he would have done already... He's basically stuck in the KHL, not wanting to be there, but unable to do anything about it.

Fat Elvis

El Guapo
Dec 25, 2003
On Lebowski's rug
Visit site
Nope. His contract with CSKA runs through 2015, so it's two more years. Unless of course Porkins some how comes up with the money to pay off the rest of the contract, which if it was possible he would have done already... He's basically stuck in the KHL, not wanting to be there, but unable to do anything about it.

How much too pay off the rest of his contract? I'll throw $10 in the hat.

tigermask48

Maniacal Laugh
Mar 10, 2004
R'Lyeh, Antarctica
How much too pay off the rest of his contract? I'll throw $10 in the hat.

Haha, That's where it's rather vague by my understanding... I know that the Kings basically offered to pay the rest last year, and the KHL said it had to be Porkins and his family. That's when all the wierdness came out with his father allegedly not being present at the contract signing for a minor (was under 18 when he signed it) and that the deal was allegedly a 2 year contract (which now became a 5 year deal,) and that Porkins never actually signed the deal and it was forged... Really a crazy situation as it appears whenever an agreement is reached, the rules suddenly change.

CNS

A World Alone
May 24, 2008
Forwards:
Andy Andreoff – third round (80th overall) in 2011
Justin Auger – fourth round (103rd overall) in 2013
Jonny Brodzinski – fifth round (148th overall) in 2013
Nic Dowd – seventh round (198th overall) in 2009
Tomas Hyka – sixth round (171st overall) in 2012
Maxim Kitsyn – sixth round (158th overall) in 2010
Dominik Kubalik – seventh round (191st overall) in 2013
Joel Lowry – fifth round (140th overall) in 2011
Cameron Maclise – camp invitee
Michael Mersch – fourth round (110th overall) in 2011
Brian O’Neill – signed as a free agent March 15, 2012
Tanner Pearson – first round (30th overall) in 2012
Scott Sabourin – camp invitee
Nick Shore – third round (82nd overall) in 2011
Tyler Toffoli – second round (47th overall) in 2010
Jordan Weal – third round (70th overall) in 2010
Valentine Zykov – second round (37th overall) in 2013

Defensemen:
Nick Ebert – seventh round (211th overall) in 2012
Derek Forbort – first round (15th overall) in 2010
Kevin Gravel – fifth round (148th overall) in 2010
Paul LaDue – sixth round (181st overall) in 2012
Zachary Leslie – sixth round (178th overall) in 2013
Kurtis MacDermid – signed as a free agent Sept. 12, 2012
Colin Miller – fifth round (151st overall) in 2012
Alex Roach – signed as a free agent Sept. 26, 2011

Goaltenders:
Patrik Bartosak – fifth round (146th overall) in 2013
Jean-Francois Berube – fourth round (95th overall) in 2009
Alex Fotinos – camp invitee
Matthias Niederberger – camp invitee

goosh

Nov 25, 2010
Not exactly sure why Toffoli was invited. This guy is head and shoulders above every other invitee.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Vey has been a pro for two seasons. The development camp is for those with less than two years pro experience.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad