GDT: Development Camp Scrimmage

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
Gendron scored for Team White first (Team Clarke)

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
Bjarnason has played really well, had a really nice pass up the ice catching the opposing team on a line change.

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
Andrae had a really nice toe drag

Really nice pass to Brink to

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
I live down the street so decided to go. The Mouthbreather capital of the world. :laugh:

Pretty disappointing most of the newest draft class didn't play.

Not going to take much from 30 minutes of 5v5 with a running clock, but besides the obvious standouts in Brink and Forester, I thought McLaughlin was pretty noticeable. Really slippery skater. Bump showed up when they went to 4v4 and 3v3. Desnoyers had his moments too.

I'm still amazed that Adam Ginning, a 7 year pro? and supposedly on the verge of the NHL, can't stand out positively in a setting like this. He did put Murchison in a headlock in the corner which resulted in Murchison chasing him halfway down the ice and slashing him back in the ankle. That was about as intense as it got.

I was at the other end of the ice so was hoping to get a better look at Bonk. They seemed to be defending most of the time when he was on the ice. Looked like he got beat wide a couple times off the rush but that could have been the angle I had. Maybe a couple nice plays with the puck.

Always had a soft spot for Sam Sedley. Doesn't seem like their type but maybe an overage follow next season.

Forgot Zmolek was the only free agent they signed last year. Not sure what they saw there.

McDonald is big and looks like a good straight line skater, but not sure the puck skills are there.

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
Hands, brain, edgework all checks out… but the speed just doesn’t add up

Foerster is where I might be putting my hope into. Kid can play.

It’s the most important trait in the game for gods sake. It’s how you move from A to B.

Your other attributes have to be at such a higher level to make up for a shit skater. He can be as fancy as he wants but if opposing players can always catch him, or beat him to picks he’s behind the race before it even began.

Caught a little bit was impressed most by Andrae. The others were pretty meh. Dare I say he looks better than York who was always Mr Vanilla to me?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad