Confirmed with Link: Development Camp Roster

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
What's the main warts to his game? Looks like he was getting 3rd line minutes so that explains the production to an extent, but I guess most scouts didn't think he has enough talent/offense that will translate to a NHL level?
There’s worry on the talent level and his size/skating combo leaves some to be desired. He’s flashed at different points, but his consistency offensively this year was rather poor… his inconsistency was more of a reason he was down the lineup than a stacked team.

I personally think he’s just a year behind. He’s young for the draft year (July birthday iirc) and basically had 3/4 of a year taken away due to covid. You’re simply projecting more with him, but I think he dominates the Dub next year. Should be a 80+ point player there with a good two way game.

Simply put, he looked like a talented -1 player than a draft year player and I think that changes next year.

Reactions: PAZ

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
Shane is Cornell, so the guy who spells his name wrong got him here via scouts keeping an eye on the team. Geisel is in town for DU, so easy guy to bring in. Rowe is an odd one...
Never hurts to get a former US NTDP goalie and see how far they've come. From what I remember of Rowe he generally fits what the Avs look for in goalies now so maybe just taking a shot in the dark for depth later on.

ndmd99

Apr 9, 2018
I made it to one of the on-ice sessions each day and the scrimmage tonight.

Take all assessments with a massive grain of salt. Hard to make giant conclusions from these limited practice sessions.

Steinburg wasn't on the ice at all. Injured?

Meyers was a man amongst boys for the most part.

Buyalski showed by far the most promise to me from the drafted guys (although he unfortunately didn't play in the scrimmage tonight). He showed way more than just straight-line speed. He dominated the 3-on-3 session they held on Tues. Not sure what injury kept him out last season, but didn't seem to show any lingering effects.

The scrimmage was 4-on-4 for 2 20 min periods (then a shootout). All the draftees and a few invites were in white. Aamodt and Z and the remaining invites were on Burgandy.

Burgandy won 6-0 (although pretty sure refs missed a goal where Ambrosio found Makar backdoor with a pretty pass). Ian Shane has 2-3 highlight saves that kept Burgundy off the scoreboard. The other goalies were terrible.

Cam Wright was the best skater during the scrimmage (at least 2 goals and an assist).

Burgandy won the shootout 3-2. Behrens, Weiss, and Makar all scored for Burgundy.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006

Take all assessments with a massive grain of salt. Hard to make giant conclusions from these limited practice sessions.

Buyalski showed by far the most promise to me from the drafted guys (although he unfortunately didn't play in the scrimmage tonight). He showed way more than just straight-line speed. He dominated the 3-on-3 session they held on Tues. Not sure what injury kept him out last season, but didn't seem to show any lingering effects.

The scrimmage was 4-on-4 for 2 20 min periods (then a shootout). All the draftees and a few invites were in white. Aamodt and Z and the remaining invites were on Burgandy.

Burgandy won 6-0 (although pretty sure refs missed a goal where Ambrosio found Makar backdoor with a pretty pass). Ian Shane has 2-3 highlight saves that kept Burgundy off the scoreboard. The other goalies were terrible.

Cam Wright was the best skater during the scrimmage (at least 2 goals and an assist).

Burgandy won the shootout 3-2. Behrens, Weiss, and Makar all scored for Burgundy.
Thanks a lot for the info. Really appreciate it.
So is the camp over now?

Avs9296

Jul 1, 2019

Kind of unfair for team White that team Burgundy got Cale Makar tbh.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Cup winning teams usually don't have good prospects and top picks left because giving them up is what it takes to win

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad