Confirmed with Link: Development Camp Roster

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Thank god we won the cup. Imagine if we’d lost the final and this was the future?

We did win so fortunately idgaf about this sad collection of “prospects”
And here is why it is important to choose the right time to go for it. Often times teams try to go for it too early and they end up with nothing. Starting a couple of years ago there were quite a few people that were saying Sakic should have made certain moves to go for it. We could argue that if he did we would have been in the situation you are talking about but a year or two earlier. IMO Sakic was smart to wait for the moment he was most confident the team would win. We can also argue that he not only waited for the right moment but he also did it in a way that we could have multiple runs at the SC as well.

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
Thank god we won the cup. Imagine if we’d lost the final and this was the future?

We did win so fortunately idgaf about this sad collection of “prospects”
They are doing the smart thing and picking up some undrafted guys that may end up being depth players with these invites. There's some talent on there and it may end up paying dividends if this is how they fill out the system.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I'm a pretty big fan of Borgesi... he won't get signed here, but he could be a guy down the road to watch. I think he's going to excel in college big time and reward somebody for taking a chance on a tiny defensemen. Slight chance he's Perunovich 2.0.

Cotton is likely a guy who ends up in Loveland. He broke out in a big way in his +1 year (IIRC led WHL defensemen in scoring), but just never took a step further than that. Not a great skater, not real smart either... but can contribute in the AHL now and might have a bottom pairing extra D future.

McClennon has a good shot at being a AAAA player, hope he finds his way in the org.

Roersma is probably my favorite invite. Kid has a fantastic shot, plays with energy and pace, good (not great) skater, plays a heady 2 way game. I expect that he'll impress in this camp. Should have been drafted.

RockyMtnRedhawk

Feb 25, 2014
Denver
The opinion among most of us seems to be that Weiss will go unsigned. Does his presence at development camp change that opinion for anyone, or is his invitation just a formality?

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
The opinion among most of us seems to be that Weiss will go unsigned. Does his presence at development camp change that opinion for anyone, or is his invitation just a formality?
It is likely an evaluation of where he is at. He can still go back to college for a Covid year, but I have my doubts he will. I think odds are higher he gets an AHL deal, which could easily be with the Avs.

Reactions: RockyMtnRedhawk

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Stieny will could end up a Josh Anderson or he could end up an Andreas Martinssn. He’s a manchild. I just hope he can continue to polish the offensive side of the game.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Where did they even find these goalies?
Shane is Cornell, so the guy who spells his name wrong got him here via scouts keeping an eye on the team. Geisel is in town for DU, so easy guy to bring in. Rowe is an odd one...

AvsFan2123

Jan 21, 2014
Illinois
I thought there was a rumor floating around the Avs we’re going to sign Stienburg? They ended up signings Betts to an AHL 2-way I believe but idk if that ended or runs thru next year. I assume the plan is for him to go back and sign him after this year?

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I thought there was a rumor floating around the Avs we’re going to sign Stienburg? They ended up signings Betts to an AHL 2-way I believe but idk if that ended or runs thru next year. I assume the plan is for him to go back and sign him after this year?
There was curiously a Stienburg Eagles jersey up for auction so they must have thought there was a chance. Didn’t see him in the group practice later on today tho, not sure what’s up.

Reactions: niwotsblessing

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
really couldnt believe when philadelphia didnt give mcclennon a contract. hope he does well here and yanni gourdes himself into something here.

RockyMtnRedhawk

Feb 25, 2014
Denver
Any pics from camp? Seems like other teams have put the sponsorship logos on their practice jerseys. Curious how bad ours look.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
I'm a pretty big fan of Borgesi... he won't get signed here, but he could be a guy down the road to watch. I think he's going to excel in college big time and reward somebody for taking a chance on a tiny defensemen. Slight chance he's Perunovich 2.0.

Cotton is likely a guy who ends up in Loveland. He broke out in a big way in his +1 year (IIRC led WHL defensemen in scoring), but just never took a step further than that. Not a great skater, not real smart either... but can contribute in the AHL now and might have a bottom pairing extra D future.

McClennon has a good shot at being a AAAA player, hope he finds his way in the org.

Roersma is probably my favorite invite. Kid has a fantastic shot, plays with energy and pace, good (not great) skater, plays a heady 2 way game. I expect that he'll impress in this camp. Should have been drafted.

What's the main warts to his game? Looks like he was getting 3rd line minutes so that explains the production to an extent, but I guess most scouts didn't think he has enough talent/offense that will translate to a NHL level?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad