Development Camp 2018

DoingItCoolKiwi

May 23, 2017
Agreed its a natural evolution.

We use to have very good prospects, Aavco at the rink, and a below average NHL team.

Now we have below average prospects with nothing new that is exciting from this past draft and no Aavco at the rink.

Our team is now about the present and winning cups.
What's up with Aavco? Had to focus on other things during the 2nd half of Jets season, so if something happened I obviously missed it

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
There where some heated arguments during the playoffs and if my memory is correct he said he needed some time away from the boards.

He also said if you read a few of his last post that things were getting personal, maybe he truly got tired of the back and forth or maybe he fell off the earth

Deif

Sep 20, 2014
It's Thursday at midnight, and there is absolutely no indication that tomorrows on ice session will be a scrimmage. I understand interest is down this year, the prospects aren't as good, but this is pretty sad to me.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
It's Thursday at midnight, and there is absolutely no indication that tomorrows on ice session will be a scrimmage. I understand interest is down this year, the prospects aren't as good, but this is pretty sad to me.

I'd be there right now if I didn't have work. But I think most fans are jetted out after the big season we had.

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
winnipeg is having one of the nicest summers in ages and you're sad that someone's not cooped up inside an arena watching kids do drills?
alrighty

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011

I don’t think interest is down because the prospects aren’t as good. I just think many fans are in a different head space this year. It’s pretty remarkable how different the off season is when your team has gone on a decent run the year before. In previous years (including the one other PO appearance which ended quickly) we’d have had about 6 more weeks without hockey. We’d have been following all the stuff that non-playoff team’s fan bases latch onto in order to generate excitement in the off season. The international tourneys, the draft, all the free agent stuff, and dev camp. This year? It feels like the season just ended yesterday! It’s such a difference...there just isn’t the same desperate craving for anything related to hockey this year that there has been in the past. Afaic, that’s a good thing. It’s all part of having a contender instead of an also-ran for a hockey team. Hopefully, it’s something we all will get used to over the next few years...:nod:

Also, there’s no sense of desperation right now as far as prospects go. Our team is pretty stacked...we aren’t in need of one of these guys to make the team pronto because we have some big hole to fill. There’s no sense of panic...

Last edited:

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
I think less people can get to this because it's a week earlier, more people took their kids when it was first week of summer. I know I couldn't get there but wanted to this week.

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014
Not having a 1st in this years draft definitely makes this prospect camp less interesting, along with having an extended season.

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
Checking in from camp. Working on scramble drills now so no scrimmage yet but some very competitive play thus far.

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
Appleton looking good but took a pick or stick and now on the bench. Vesa as advertised even at half speed and Gustafsson effective but def a bit awkward on his skates

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad