Player Discussion Devante Smith-Pelly

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
If we could get him near min for 1 or 2 years to be our 13, that would be ideal. He can also dress anytime we want some pop in the lineup.

His line to Hornqvist was glorious. I'd wager Hornqvist tapped out after that. He seemed like a mini cap killer. Another demon.se exorcised.

CapsDC

May 2, 2018
So DSP was not offered a qualifying contract. Any chance he still signs with the Caps? Would be a shame if the team were to let him go.

They probably talked and he wanted way more than the Caps would/could offer. I guess there's always a chance he comes back, if he doesn't get what he wants in the open market. It'll be a bummer to lose him after that run, but then again he played huge in the playoffs and I'd be happy for him to get paid for it by a team with more cap space.

Reactions: Devil Dancer

rohky

Jun 17, 2019
Reading
Devante Smith-Pelly has just signed for Kunlun Red Star. Any thoughts on him?

Last edited by a moderator:

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010

Fan favorite for coming up big during the cup run. He scored huge goals and played a hard physical game. It was a strike of lightning unlikely to be replicated. Seems like a good dude.

Unfortunately he let himself get out of shape.

Reactions: WanderingCapsFan

WanderingCapsFan

Mar 31, 2008
Marana, Arizona, USA

That Red Star roster is heavy with North Americans. Especially 30+ year old borderline NHL players. A Wojtek Wolski sighting! Peter's son David Bondra is there. Michael Latta was there last season.

KHL hockey out of Beijing. Must be an adventure.

Good luck to DSP. That name will always be on the Stanley Cup as a Cap!

Last edited:

illpucks

May 26, 2011
Biggest goal in Caps history imo, because it was 3-2 VGK and Caps up 3-1 in series. We all have seen how that goes. So it was huge. He was good on Ducks and Caps but never reached draft potential, though that goal alone was worth it as it was most crucial goal for the Caps.

I think his downside was his skating and lack of speed and it was tough to make NHL after '15/16 with poor skating/speed.

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad