GDT: Dev Camp Scrimmage: Thurs 2:30pm, Sun 5pm (online stream)

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Team White philosophy is give the puck to Sokolov and hope he can beat the entire Green team.
I was gonna say, Sokolov seems to be the only one who can get the puck in the offensive zone for team white. Team green defenders seem to be doing a good job.

Last edited:
Reactions: Minnesnota

Minnesnota

Apr 20, 2017
Denver
1st half recap:

Team White has no cohesiveness. Sokolov seems to be the only guy who's able to produce any semblance of offense. He looks good. Lots of chances. Skating doesn't seem to be an issue.

Team Green looks great. F. Johansson looks like the best player on the ice. He looks good along the boards, isn't afraid to step up in a rush, plays the body when he should. As someone who was unhappy with the pick initially he's showing me that he may be much better than advertised. Dante Salituro looks to get lots of chances but can't hit the net. Hunter Shepard looks very poised in net, good rebound control and his puck tracking seems to be solid as well.

Pretty quiet on everyone else. 2nd half coming up shortly.

Reactions: Digitalbooya

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I'd add McBain to the team White list of players that has looked good. Belpedio seemed to just say "f-it I'm taking over this shift" late in the 1st for White.

I've noticed 49 (Dewar) a few times for Green team, right spot on the ice but makes the wrong play.

Reactions: Minnesnota

Minnesnota

Apr 20, 2017
Denver
I'd add McBain to the team White list of players that has looked good. Belpedio seemed to just say "f-it I'm taking over this shift" late in the 1st for White.

I've noticed 49 (Dewar) a few times for Green team, right spot on the ice but makes the wrong play.
Agreed on the McBain and Belpedio notes.

When Belpedio took the puck down the right circle and behind the net I thought to myself exactly that, "welp, he must be tired of playing in his own end for the last 25mins".

I hadn't noticed Dewar but being in the right spot is a plus. You can teach him how to act in those situations.

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
LOL, "Bomber" just called Jack McBain Jamie McBain (former badger defenseman).

Really unimpressed with McBain's effort so far. He's got a big body and some puck skills. Needs to use his noggin' to make the right play. Move your feet! Though, I might be expecting a lot out of him. He will get better in college.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
LOL, "Bomber" just called Jack McBain Jamie McBain (former badger defenseman).

Really unimpressed with McBain's effort so far. He's got a big body and some puck skills. Needs to use his noggin' to make the right play. Move your feet! Though, I might be expecting a lot out of him. He will get better in college.

He's looked fine to me in the o-zone at least (I'm really not paying attention to d-zone play right now). It's a prospect scrimmage so it's going to be about physical as Beauty League game.

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
He's looked fine to me in the o-zone at least (I'm really not paying attention to d-zone play right now). It's a prospect scrimmage so it's going to be about physical as Beauty League game.
If there's a replay start watching about 10 seconds before Johannson's goal. That type of defense would drive everyone crazy. He's had a couple of good rushes to the net in the o-zone.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
McBain tried the Koivu forehand-backhand on the penalty shot.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Lodinia pulled an Ennis: carried the puck all over the zone then makes a bad pass.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Bitten is doing stuff this half, nothing spectacular but the puck seems to find him. I'm noticing him a lot.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Team White is finally making good passes. That's the big difference from the 1st period. More competitive game now.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Kahkonen seems to have happy feet (lack of a better term). Good lateral movement's.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad