Value of: Detroit Trade Back

wingfan

Jul 1, 2012
IF we were to trade back, and I think that's highly highly unlikely, I don't see us trading back further than 8. Someone in 6/7/8 has to really want who's available at 4 and be willing to overpay for the spot. If not, why not just take your guy at 4? Getting more picks is OK but I'd rather just draft at 4 and take our guy than drop back to pick up another 2nd rounder or something. We haven't drafted in the top 5 in the greater part of 3 decades.

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Devils Army
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2002
Now that Vancouver’s pick is likely in the 20s, I would do a Pick 4 + DET 2nd round pick for Pick 7 + Vancouver’s 1st rounder.

It would guarantee Drysdale to NJ.

Reactions: Flyer lurker

Marky9er

Jan 30, 2008
Minnesota would like to move up to the 4th slot. 9th +?
Don't think they have a + to offer? Pittsburgh 1st?? If it gets deferred to '21 could be a heck of an asset in the end. I'm not really sure where the picks are landing with this shake up, Pittsburgh moved into top 15 and can keep the pick?

Anyway it's interesting. If SY does the Askarov thing I'd rather he trade down in doing so.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Don't think they have a + to offer? Pittsburgh 1st?? If it gets deferred to '21 could be a heck of an asset in the end. I'm not really sure where the picks are landing with this shake up, Pittsburgh moved into top 15 and can keep the pick?

Honestly, there hasn't been a move up in the top 7 of the draft since 2008 when the New York Islanders traded the 5th overall to Toronto for the 9th overall and conditional second and third round picks. I'm guessing Minnesota trades a 2nd round pick to move up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad