Value of: Detroit Trade Back

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vegas
It happens so infrequently that it's hard to say. I don't even know if the #4 pick has been traded in the last 15 years. Thinking not. Also, compensation would vary considerably based on how far they are dropping

Reactions: bernmeister

JediOrderPizza

Apr 15, 2012
Tampa, Fl
Depends how far back we are talking here. I think they would like another first be it mid or late. I know they wanted to last draft, but found no takers so just ended up taking Seider early.

Reactions: lilidk

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Good thread idea, if we don't get a C (Byfield, Stutzle), which is very likely, then I'd rather trade down to the 6-9 spots. Reason being, Perfetti/Rossi are very questionable to have success as 1C/2C @ the NHL level (to varying degrees). Even Byfield/Stutzle aren't guaranteed to be Top 6 C's, but very, very likely to be.

What would these teams offer for the 4OA? ....looking for NHL ready C/LD Top6F/Top4D prospects + pick(s). We'd also consider a 22/23yr.old established Top 4 LD/ Top6 C + pick(s). +/- to even it out if needed.

Anaheim Ducks at No. 6?

New Jersey Devils at No. 7?

Buffalo Sabres at No. 8.?

#9 Team?

Reactions: Yannickg

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Generic values are something like 4 for 6+~30(+) with Anaheim, or 4(+) for 7+~17 from New Jersey.

The plus in parentheses is to indicate that Anaheim would normally have to add more to move from 6 to 4, and Detroit would normally have to add a bit to get both 7 and New Jersey's mid rounder. But of course this is just generic, and I think it might be harder to drop back in this draft. I could see some teams having a clear guy they want at #4, but in this draft anybody outside of the top 3 could fall four or five spots, so why trade up?

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Generic values are something like 4 for 6+~30(+) with Anaheim, or 4(+) for 7+~17 from New Jersey.

The plus in parentheses is to indicate that Anaheim would normally have to add more to move from 6 to 4, and Detroit would normally have to add a bit to get both 7 and New Jersey's mid rounder. But of course this is just generic, and I think it might be harder to drop back in this draft. I could see some teams having a clear guy they want at #4, but in this draft anybody outside of the top 3 could fall four or five spots, so why trade up?

man NJ would be dumb to jump from 7 to 4 and have to give up a mid first to do so.

I have L.Raymond at 4
C.Perfetti at 7
B.Schneider at 17

Raymond isnt worth both of those prospects, he is only slightly above Perfetti

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Buffalo pick 8 and 38 for pick 4 is probably decent value.

there is a clear top 3 in this draft and 4-8 or so are almost interchangeable

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
Buffalo pick 8 and 38 for pick 4 is probably decent value.

there is a clear top 3 in this draft and 4-8 or so are almost interchangeable

#38 is not nearly enough to move up four spots that high. You might get that kind of a bump in the mid 1st round but not in the top 10. Or Yzerman realizes he has been terrible at drafting in the top 10 while finding gems in the later rounds so he figures sure give me that extra pick.

Reactions: Flyer lurker

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
If there was a draftee that NJ wanted that was at Detroit's pick then I could see NJ possibly offering 7th and canucks 17th for 4th +.

The + is a hard thing to pin down though, one of your better Defense prospects? or perhaps if the Devils really believed their is good prospects going to be around a little later in the draft perhaps one of your better 2nd round picks and the suckier 3rd round pick? Cause as of right now after the 17th pick the devils have to wait till the 4th round to pick again.

*thinking on it for a bit id say it favors the devils a bit to much so ill add the devils 4th round pick.

Last edited:
Reactions: Flyer lurker

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
man NJ would be dumb to jump from 7 to 4 and have to give up a mid first to do so.

I have L.Raymond at 4
C.Perfetti at 7
B.Schneider at 17

Raymond isnt worth both of those prospects, he is only slightly above Perfetti
I’d take Drysdale at 4.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
If there was a draftee that NJ wanted that was at Detroit's pick then I could see NJ possibly offering 7th and canucks 17th for 4th +.

The + is a hard thing to pin down though, one of your better Defense prospects? or perhaps if the Devils really believed their is good prospects going to be around a little later in the draft perhaps one of your better 2nd round picks and the suckier 3rd round pick? Cause as of right now after the 17th pick the devils have to wait till the 4th round to pick again.

*thinking on it for a bit id say it favors the devils a bit to much so ill add the devils 4th round pick.

There would be no + from Detroit there. Or if there was... f*** no it's not one of our better prospects. You'd be getting a long shot prospect in that case. Nor would it be a 2nd or 3rd.

If NJ has a player that they want... they're paying to get him. I kinda really don't care that the Devils don't have a pick until the 4th round if they want to trade for #4OA. That's your problem to have.

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017

Yeah, 7th and 17 for 4th+?

A big no thanks, the plus would be from NJ.

Reactions: Oddbob

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
Well I guess the Devils will get a player just as good at 7th and still have the Arizona and Vancouver 1st rounders.

Have fun with your 1 pick in a deep first round :sarcasm:

P.S I at least offered a deal while you two $@@$ can't even do the same.

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Well I guess the Devils will get a player just as good at 7th and still have the Arizona and Vancouver 1st rounders.

Have fun with your 1 pick in a deep first round :sarcasm:

P.S I at least offered a deal while you two $@@$ can't even do the same.

Cute. Then why offer, if the player at 7 is just as good?

Reactions: Oddbob

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
DET Trade Back our 2nds for Athanasiou. You may have Green back as well.

did I do this right?

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Which C/LD Prospect + 1st Rd. pick could ANA/NJ/BUF offer for 4OA? I'm more open to trading down as long as we're getting a quality prospect. The 1st Rd. pick coming back is kind of a given.

phlocky

Jan 2, 2007
Me personally, I'd give you every pick the Flyers have in the 2020 draft for your 1st. If ypu want our 1st next year too then ypu only get every puck we have on odd number rounds this year (ie - we keep picks in rnds 2, 4 and 6)

Shultzyfeelinirie25

Jun 29, 2018
I would be intersted in moving a few pieces i would move Dets 4OA and pieces like Rasmussen and Cholowoski for upgrades somewhere i would also move Berggren, Setkov, Kivenmaki, and Hirose. i would move but obviously no one wants would be the likes of Abdelkader, Neislon, and at the end of the day i would also move Zadina

ManwithNoIdentity

Jun 4, 2016
Kalamazoo, MI
I would be intersted in moving a few pieces i would move Dets 4OA and pieces like Rasmussen and Cholowoski for upgrades somewhere i would also move Berggren, Setkov, Kivenmaki, and Hirose. i would move but obviously no one wants would be the likes of Abdelkader, Neislon, and at the end of the day i would also move Zadina

so move all of our youth?

Shultzyfeelinirie25

Jun 29, 2018
so move all of our youth?
Well i guess my line of thinkin is like 2 or 1 deals or something 2 of our prospects for a different prospect that maybe has higher upside or i would trade our 4th OA and a prospect for a upgrade there as well and and trade a prospect with one of our vets for picks thats my way of thinking maybe slimming down and trade surplus for quailty for example if you could trade a Rasmussen and another prospect you could potentially get a really solid player/prospect in return no?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad