The Scowl vs Goofy Screengrabs
babcock-640x427.jpg

FeKbrPdpRxy6ZSdrXCfa_image.jpeg

Last edited:

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
Very excited for Russo. Hope it's a fun game, Toronto plays a pretty exciting style. Good offense and no defense. Maybe that will lead to our players making exciting plays.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Very excited for Russo. Hope it's a fun game, Toronto plays a pretty exciting style. Good offense and no defense. Maybe that will lead to our players making exciting plays.

Oh snap talk about afterthought in the players to watch, ****in Buzz Lightyear over here.

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
At this point, it's expected to see Mantha and Athanasiou on the same line to see if there is some chemistry.

This team is going to miss the playoffs, might as well get something out of it.

TheMule93

May 26, 2015
Ontario
At this point, it's expected to see Mantha and Athanasiou on the same line to see if there is some chemistry.

They never had a whole lot of chemistry in GR. I'm not saying it isn't possible but I wouldn't count on it. Im mostly curious to see what Mantha does without Zetterberg. We've seen a few shifts here and there over the past couple games but never a full games worth of shifts on a different line.

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
I haven't watched that much this season

What the hell happened to Larkin? Why is he playing with that garbage?

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016

Hopefully it's more about doing some stat boosting for Tatar and Nike.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Babcock not surprised the golden age is over.

“Nobody understands, they’re not living it every day,” Babcock said after Tuesday’s morning skate, of the difficulty continuing such a streak. “Just think about what they’ve been able to do. But what happens is you want to go from that to a bunch of young kids and get going again, and it doesn’t happen and that’s the problem.

“Ken Holland, Mr. Ilitch and all those people have done an unbelievable job over a period of time maxing out their resources.”

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/sp...k-surprised-likely-end-wings-streak/98849830/

AD1066

Sep 30, 2011
Babcock was smart to leave when he did. The writing was on the wall, and as of right now, the future is a lot brighter in Toronto.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Babcock was smart to leave when he did. The writing was on the wall, and as of right now, the future is a lot brighter in Toronto.

He pretty much said when he left that the organization is destined to go downhill quick

Obe2kenobe

Mar 23, 2014
U.P.
What is Miller and Kronwall doing still in the lineup? Last I checked the wings had a 1 % chance of making the playoffs. Isn't it time to see what some guys in GR can do? Isn't this a good opportunity to see Frk, Nosek, Lorito, Hicketts.? Miller has already been waived and Kronwall's bad knee has taken its toll on his game.
Looking forward to seeing Russo tonight, hope he does well.

TheMule93

May 26, 2015
Ontario
He pretty much said when he left that the organization is destined to go downhill quick

Maybe he did us a favor by leaving then :D Holland would still be in denial if we had him and still squeaking into the playoffs with 95pts

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
What is Miller and Kronwall doing still in the lineup? Last I checked the wings had a 1 % chance of making the playoffs. Isn't it time to see what some guys in GR can do? Isn't this a good opportunity to see Frk, Nosek, Lorito, Hicketts.? Miller has already been waived and Kronwall's bad knee has taken its toll on his game.
Looking forward to seeing Russo tonight, hope he does well.

At this point I'm all for players like Chevy and to a much lesser extent Bert and Nosek stay down in a winning culture with the Griffs through the playoffs. See if Bert can have another strong playoff showing and Svech can continue his 2017 dominance. I guess we could sub Miller out for one of those guys to play with Sheahan and Glendening instead, meh.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease

I think that was a big part of it. The other part was the truck full of money Toronto delivered. Win-win!

And if he helps make Toronto a winner again, he's going to go down as perhaps the most legendary coach in Canadian history. They'll sing ballads about Babcock for generations to rival that of Terry Fox.

Obe2kenobe

Mar 23, 2014
U.P.
I think that was a big part of it. The other part was the truck full of money Toronto delivered. Win-win!

And if he helps make Toronto a winner again, he's going to go down as perhaps the most legendary coach in Canadian history. They'll sing ballads about Babcock for generations to rival that of Terry Fox.

He's gotta long way to go to become the most legendary coach in Canadian history. Guys like Toe Blake, Scotty Bowman are miles ahead of him.

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia

If Babcock ever wins a Stanley Cup in Toronto, I will never want to visit Ontario again. Just the sheer number of statues that they'd adorn every street corner with, I wouldn't be able to handle it.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
He's gotta long way to go to become the most legendary coach in Canadian history. Guys like Toe Blake, Scotty Bowman are miles ahead of him.

Returning Toronto to a champion would immediately put him into the elite group without question. The Leafs are Canada's team, for better or worse, and the last Stanley Cup was in 1967. Breaking a 50 year drought would be historic in the eyes of many.

If Babcock ever wins a Stanley Cup in Toronto, I will never want to visit Ontario again. Just the sheer number of statues that they'd adorn every street corner with, I wouldn't be able to handle it.

Exactly.

This is our statue in St. Paul.

usmn38-2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad