Prospect Info: Detroit Red Wings Prospect Tracker Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Wings front office represented at the World Junior Showcase

The Wings had plenty of their front office members on hand in Plymouth, including senior vice president Jim Devellano, vice president and general manager Ken Holland, assistant general manager Ryan Martin, assistant to the general manager Kris Draper, Wings coach Jeff Blashill and numerous scouts.

On Rasmussen:
"I thought he did a good job," Blashill said. "I've never seen him play before. I thought he skated well for a real big guy, I think it's going to continue to improve. I thought he made tons of plays in small areas, which is to me a big factor to tell. It's easy to make lots of cute plays or whatever but as you get up in the ranks of hockey, you have to make plays in tight spaces and I thought he did an excellent job of that. For me, it was a good showing."

"You love his size," Draper said. "I thought his skating looked good. Real good puck protection down low and a couple times I noticed where he was putting nice, little puck placement pass, just the little things that you saw. The one time he got to the net, (Jake) Oettinger's a big goalie, big guy and Rasmussen kind of gets right in front and you see him trying to look around. Obviously the score's not great but we thought Rasmussen's done some good things out there for us."

On Cholowski:
"The thing that you love about Dennis is he's put on almost 20 pounds since we drafted him," Draper said. "That was the one thing we said, he has to get bigger and stronger, he's doing that. This is really his first taste of playing this kind of hockey.

"He went from playing in the BC junior league to playing college hockey last year, now he's right in the mix with obviously the top Canadian and the top US players. It's good for him.

"This is a great experience for him, no matter how it comes out this week, it's going to be a great experience for him getting ready to come into the prospects tournament."

https://www.nhl.com/redwings/news/m...-the-world-junior-summer-showcase/c-290567284

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Larsson stopped 19/22 shots in a 3-2 loss to USA in his first game in net for Sweden.

Petruzzelli survived the first round of cuts for USA and stopped 15/16 shots in a period and a half in net for USA in the same game.

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
Cholowski with an assist, shot from point tipped in on PP

sorry unable to embed video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9KastDYcls

I can't tell if his assist was a brilliant play and a perfectly placed pass on a one-time slap-pass and I should be super excited, or if he tried to shoot it and missed the net and had no steam on it and I should be super worried

...and of course over reacting to one play isn't ever a good idea, but whatever

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
I can't tell if his assist was a brilliant play and a perfectly placed pass on a one-time slap-pass and I should be super excited, or if he tried to shoot it and missed the net and had no steam on it and I should be super worried

It definitely looks like a deliberate play.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland

I want to overreact! :sarcasm:

It must have been a fumble bad play because delusional Ken Holland drafted him instead of surefire norris-winner Chychrun and traded Datsyuk caphit away to sign Stamkos but ended up horribly with Nielsen with NMCs. Everything must be bad because of Holland. :shakehead

waltdetroit

Jul 20, 2010

It must have been a fumble bad play because delusional Ken Holland drafted him instead of surefire norris-winner Chychrun and traded Datsyuk caphit away to sign Stamkos but ended up horribly with Nielsen with NMCs. Everything must be bad because of Holland. :shakehead

He also traded away a 3rd round draft pick in May 2016 just before the draft.

FireBird71

Aug 6, 2015
Larsson stopped 19/22 shots in a 3-2 loss to USA in his first game in net for Sweden.

Petruzzelli survived the first round of cuts for USA and stopped 15/16 shots in a period and a half in net for USA in the same game.

Sounds like they kept all 4 goalies...didn't cut any

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia

Hi Ken!

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
On Filip Larsson from Ryan Martin & Wings goalie dev. coach:

"He's talked to some schools already, Michigan, Nebraska-Omaha. That could be an option for him, which would be great for us to see him play in our backyard." ... "I thought he played really well. The Team USA staff is comprised of a number of college coaches, I think he'd have three scholarship offers by the end of tonight (Saturday) if he really wanted to press them." ... "His development the last 12-18 months has been really good and I think it's great for him to come over here and play in the USHL this year, play on the smaller ice."

https://www.nhl.com/redwings/news/n...ts-the-nod-in-net-against-finland/c-290602568

He had a really good draft+1 year, just got stuck in juniors and therefore wasn't discussed much. This will be a big year for him, he has a decent chance of making the WJC team too.

HeavyHitter99

Jun 18, 2013
Hey guys I know he isn't exactly a prospect anymore but I was just curious at to what your guys' expectations for Sproul are for this season and for the near future. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad