Prospect Info: Detroit Red Wings Prospect Rankings (#2)

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Going to be in the minority here...

But I think it's really silly to vote a goalie as your #1 or #2 prospect. Even if they have torn up the lower leagues.

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
Jurco again. This is going to be a blowout.

Add Janmark.

probertrules24

Jul 10, 2007
Canada
Voted Jurco as I noticed your title was wrong. Should read "Detroit Red Wings Prospect Rankings (#1)" :)

Please add Mantha now so we can start this over again.

Zorin

Sep 2, 2002
Germany
www.krefeld-penguins.de
Coin-toss sais Jurco over Mrazek. Next add definately Bäckmann! I am very high on that guy and thinks he will be a fixture on our backend for years to come. From what I hear, the steadiness, the defense, the passing I always have a Lidström with a weaker shot in front of my inner eye. A high comparison, definately, but honesty I think defensively he is head and shoulders the best prospect in our system!

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
I have sheahan at the top of my list but it is natural to vote Jurco as my #2. I am very excited to see the next 2-3 years of Jurco's developement. He could be something special. A potential "skilled power forward" if you will.

So far from me 1. Riley Sheahan 2. Tomas Jurco.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
I have sheahan at the top of my list but it is natural to vote Jurco as my #2. I am very excited to see the next 2-3 years of Jurco's developement. He could be something special. A potential "skilled power forward" if you will.

So far from me 1. Riley Sheahan 2. Tomas Jurco.

When was the last time we saw a guy like Jurco? Datsyuk can take and give a hit, but he does seem to prefer not to. Jurco has skill, is big, and seems to relish giving that hit. And it's paying off. His goal last game was the result of his physical play on the forecheck.

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
When was the last time we saw a guy like Jurco? Datsyuk can take and give a hit, but he does seem to prefer not to. Jurco has skill, is big, and seems to relish giving that hit. And it's paying off. His goal last game was the result of his physical play on the forecheck.

I personally don't think we have seen a player of Jurco's ilk yet. He appears to be very unique.

Mount Suribachi

Nov 15, 2013
England
Can't decide between Mrazek and Jurco...will be interesting to see how each performs down the stretch and into the playoffs in GR. Right now they're 2a and 2b in my mind.

Brandel*

Mrazek!!!!! Next one's Jurco (will be Mrazek again) then I actually have to think about #4 thoroughly, have no idea who I'd pick right now

I really don't understand what Jurco has done that Mrazek hasn't... Mrazek had a much better 2012-2013, having an even better year this year and has continued to show he can play well in the NHL. I'm confident saying 2014 NHL Mrazek has performed better than 2014 NHL Jurco. What else can he possibly do? It's almost like he wouldn't be #2 unless he's gotten straight shutouts lol. Mrazek is a top 3 goalie prospect in the world, Jurco is a great prospect but not even close to that level at his position, even if you consider the positional quantity.

Last edited by a moderator:

Anchor Town*

Lock this up, let's quickly do Mrazek (#3), then get back to good discussion at #4

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
Voted Jurco again...he should be #1. Mantha looks like he'll fill it up but I'd like to see an all-around game from him. He better learn if he wants to play for Babs.

Kronwalled55

Detroit vs. Everybody
Jan 7, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Voted Jurco again...he should be #1. Mantha looks like he'll fill it up but I'd like to see an all-around game from him. He better learn if he wants to play for Babs.

Did you see Babcock's smile when he was standing by Mantha at the draft? He's already got the stamp of approval :laugh: The guy is 6'4"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad