Prospect Info: Detroit Red Wings Annual Prospect Poll! #6!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who is Detroit's #6 prospect?!

• Albert Johansson - LD

• Carter Mazur - W

• Shai Buium - LD

• Donovan Sebrango - LD

• William Wallinder - LD

• Liam Dower-Nilsson - C/W

• Theodor Niederbach - C/W

• Dylan James - W

• Dmitri Buchelnikov - W

• Emil Viro - LD

Results are only viewable after voting.

RabidBadger

Mazur detractors will look like dummies!
Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
I thought Mazur’s WJC, and the fact he was slotted so high for team USA, would carry more weight in these polls than what I’ve seen so far.
That speaks to the depth and quality of the prospect pool. I think most people see Mazur as a realgud bottom 6 energy guy. Using Veleno as a comparable: he centered Canada's top line his last year playing the WJC and was near the top of the team in scoring. It still wasn't enough to have people bump him higher in the prospect poll (except me).

Mazur is my favorite prospect with a bullet, but I feel guys like AlJo and Wallinder have potential to be more impactful.

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
I thought Mazur’s WJC, and the fact he was slotted so high for team USA, would carry more weight in these polls than what I’ve seen so far.
I was very high on Mazur before the WJC, so what he did there didn't totally surprise me, but it was impressive nonetheless. I picked Johansson in this one, but it was really between him and Mazur. I considered changing my vote, but seeing the results right now I guess it doesn't matter lol.

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
Ok, I went back and watched Albert Johansson highlights. Him going here is the right call. I needed a refresher on him

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Ok, I went back and watched Albert Johansson highlights. Him going here is the right call. I needed a refresher on him

Guy is everything we thought Cholowski would be....

I've been voting him already from the 3rd round, 3,4,5,6, finally it's him.

Last edited:

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Johansson

I'd add Cross Hanas.
Was debating between Lombardi and Hanas for the add, but I'll second yours.

I like Hanas, I am interested to see if he can establish a role in GR this year.

That speaks to the depth and quality of the prospect pool. I think most people see Mazur as a realgud bottom 6 energy guy. Using Veleno as a comparable: he centered Canada's top line his last year playing the WJC and was near the top of the team in scoring. It still wasn't enough to have people bump him higher in the prospect poll (except me).

Mazur is my favorite prospect with a bullet, but I feel guys like AlJo and Wallinder have potential to be more impactful.
I feel like Veleno was a top 6 guy his whole life and has had a hard time embracing being a bottom 6 guy. I don't think Mazur will have that issue, I think he is a lot more versatile.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad