Detroit Red Wings #5 Prospect Summer 17/18

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
At least have the courage to quote people you're talking at. It's not hard. Then you could've asked "why on earth do you think Cholowski (or, more relevantly to this thread, Saarijarvi) isn't even an NHL player?!" And we could've, at least, talked about how historically unlikely it is for a late first round pick to play 100 NHL games, or Cholowski's underwhelming numbers at St Cloud (or Saarijarvi's size [to start with]), and you could've maybe mentioned some of the things he does really well that make him a clear NHLer, in your eyes.

I guess hiding behind generalizations, ambiguity and pot-shots is another way to go, though.

To what end? Attempting to discuss prospects with those who don't care to watch prospects? Sorry, but that does not put wind in my sails. If we are just going to regurgitate generic draft statistics, why even conduct a prospect poll?

Cholo was fairly ranked by this crowd. His chances of playing in the NHL were not destroyed by a ho hum draft +1 year. I get that he isn't Chychrun, but people really need to put those issues to bed at this point and appreciate Cholo for what he is. His tools and style of play translate very well to the modern NHL game, regardless of what Chychrun is doing in AZ.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad