Detroit Red Wings #4 Prospect - Summer 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Where exactly are these "the Wings liked Stanley" rumors coming from?

Pronman said he heard he was linked to us before the draft, I'd quote it but can't because it was an Insider article.

Also swear I saw a tweet after we traded back saying that was our target. I'll try and find that for you, but finding a tweet from draft day is like finding a needle in a haystack.

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
Pronman said he heard he was linked to us before the draft, I'd quote it but can't because it was an Insider article.

Also swear I saw a tweet after we traded back saying that was our target. I'll try and find that for you, but finding a tweet from draft day is like finding a needle in a haystack.

Well then we owe Cheveldayoff a couple of drinks.

lidstromiscool

May 5, 2007
I think its all speculation that Detroit wanted Stanley. Jets GM traded up 3 spots and said it was because he thought one of the teams may have wanted Stanley. The only link to Detroit and Stanley is that Detroit is one of the 3 teams Winnipeg traded up in front.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I think its all speculation that Detroit wanted Stanley. Jets GM traded up 3 spots and said it was because he thought one of the teams may have wanted Stanley. The only link to Detroit and Stanley is that Detroit is one of the 3 teams Winnipeg traded up in front.

As I stated above, Pronman linked us to Stanly before the draft even happened.

A lot of things point this being a strong possibility.

sean3250

Feb 7, 2015
It would be Detroit's luck that they finally drafted a #1D but only because their original choice (who is gonna bust. Remember when the Rangers picked McIlrath) was drafted before they could nab him.

Time and time again it has been proven that you do not draft D from the CHL if they can't average .4PPG. Stanley's sitting at .17

Thankfully there's a GM who decided to do his best Ken Holland impression during the draft. Imagine if we did draft Stanley? Combine that with not getting Stammer and this place would be worse than it is now lmao

Getting back on topic, Cholo is the easy choice. He has a very good skill set and has all of the abilities a #1 needs. His skating, passing, and IQ are all very good. If he plays well at St. Cloud he should be one and done and move onto GR. At max two years.

Looking at this list, our prospect pool is very dull especially considering the fact that Mantha and AA are going to graduate. A team on the decline with a mediocre prospect pool. Sounds familiar. Reminds me of Calgary post Iginla, New Jersey post Kovy and the current Vancouver Canucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00