The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
1.) Anthony Mantha - RW/LW - 21: 6'5" 214lbs - Longueuil, QC, CAN 54.81%
2.) Andreas Athanasiou - C/W - 21: 6'2" 200lbs - London, ON, CAN 77.36%
3.) Evgeny Svechnikov - C/W - 19: 6'2" 205lbs - Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk, RUS 53.64%

Svechnikov takes home the #3 spot.

Going to go ahead and break the tie between Hronek and Coreau with voting Hronek as the add, since I offered Frk. I know scream and yell at me over that...:laugh:

As always vote, discuss and offer an add if you have one.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
I'm still not sold on Cholowski, and think we picked him way too early. Could have traded down again and got him with a late first.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
I'm still not sold on Cholowski, and think we picked him way too early. Could have traded down again and got him with a late first.

Apparently we couldn't have. He was a late first Round pick

At least with this draft we can pray we didn't get Stanley. We probably take him over fabbro or chychrun anyway :shakehead

PelagicJoe

Mar 20, 2012
St. Louis, MO
I went with Axel. I think the whole list looks bleak at this point. I readily admit I haven't seen much of the remaining prospect pool though.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Like I said, I don't know squat about most of these guys. I'm partial to Holmstrom since he did great for me in Eastside Hockey Manager. :naughty:

Dennis is now our highly regarded d prospect. (Or Russo cause he's more proven)

Tyler bertuzzi should be a name you should know by now at least

jolly roger

Aug 4, 2013

I agree. I think he's way too high, based on where he has played and what he's done. The BCHL is the best Tier 2 league in Canada, but it's not the CHL or even the USHL. He's not even close to the best defenseman at his own college. He should be playing next in the CHL. Riding the pines in a relatively short season college league likely won't get you soon to the NHL unless your name is Larkin. This kid isn't close to That IMO . And how do you pick this kid over XO who's already made it up to the Wings?

njx9

Feb 1, 2016
I don't know why, but I can't get on board with Cholowski. Nothing about his play, just gut feeling that he'll end up washing out early. Maybe it's just bitterness that we missed out on Fabbro/Chychrun, but I think he'd have been the last guy I'd have voted for on this list.

Add Coreau.

PelagicJoe

Mar 20, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Dennis is now our highly regarded d prospect. (Or Russo cause he's more proven)

Tyler bertuzzi should be a name you should know by now at least

I know of them. I'm just on the fence about most of them still. I don't follow the AHL or any junior leagues. I'm strictly NHL for the most part.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I don't know why, but I can't get on board with Cholowski. Nothing about his play, just gut feeling that he'll end up washing out early. Maybe it's just bitterness that we missed out on Fabbro/Chychrun, but I think he'd have been the last guy I'd have voted for on this list.

Add Coreau.

Rumor has it the Wings wanted Stanley.

Trading down from being able to take Fabbro/Chychrun and drafting Stanley would have been way worse than what we ended up doing, IMO. Thankfully Winnipeg did us a solid.

Cholowski is a project but he has the type of skills we need. I'm also very interested to see what type of numbers Hronek can put up this year in the OHL.

FireBird71

Aug 6, 2015

Trading down from being able to take Fabbro/Chychrun and drafting Stanley would have been way worse than what we ended up doing, IMO. Thankfully Winnipeg did us a solid.

Cholowski is a project but he has the type of skills we need. I'm also very interested to see what type of numbers Hronek can put up this year in the OHL.

Stanley is a pylon...worked out fine

sarcastro

Jul 28, 2005
Cholo has the most upside but he's such a project I'm not willing to vote him just yet.

Went with Sadowy. He has a skill set that should translate extremely well to the pro game and he's physically mature. He could be a Hornquist type of greasy goal scorer.

Aug 6, 2012

Would have been the worst offseason of all time if that happened.

Went with the dude.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad