Prospect Info: Detroit Red Wings 2021 Summer Prospect #4

Who do you think is the Detroit Red Wings #4 Overall Prospect?

• Shai Buium

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Elmer Soderblom

• Antti Tuomisto

• Eemil Viro

• William Wallinder

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Berggren. Come on guys.

Cossa is nice but we can vote him higher next year. And the year after that. And the year after that. And the year after that.

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
PAYWALL ALERT : posting because athletics wheeler ranked raymond over seider ,
i think hes talking non sense in doing so but good to see him rate raymond so high :

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
I went Johannson
Berggren, Veleno, and Cossa are all very close and it won't take much to switch up the order of this grouping a little bit

DoMakc

Jun 28, 2006
Scott Wheeler is an idiot.

I like Wheeler (much more than Pronman), but he has his bias. First it is not easy to rank somebody as high as he did who you actually ranked in the 30ies or 40ies for the draft, craws do not taste that good i can imagine (well I actually know it). Wheeler also rates skill above everything - that's why you see Clarke/Zegras/Johnson/Eklund/Perfetti this high. Funny thing he actually debates Power vs. Seider in Power description, where he gaves only small edge to Power, and says actually he won't be surprised if Seider ends up being better, but then he follows up with 8 notches difference between them. I think he generally overvalues 2021 draft in his rankings, despite more uncertainty about them. I'd rank Drysdale ahead of Clarke for example, or Lundell or Boldy ahead of Johnson.

Last edited:
Reactions: r0bert8841

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
Scott Wheeler is an idiot.

It's certainly not his greatest piece I've ever read. He should stick to the deep dive profiles that require more relationships and reporting, and less opinion.

For a draft class that wasn't exactly stacked up top, it's weird to see this list. Half the top 10 prospects in all of hockey came from the 2021 class? Yeah, color me doubtful. I don't care how many kids graduated.

You'd have a hard time convincing me to trade Seider for anyone not named Byfield in that top group, and I'm sure many people would here wouldn't even include Byfield. I still buy Raymond over Johnson, Clarke, and Beniers (I'd also have Eklund over any of those guys for full disclosure, but that is neither here nor there), and Perfetti was one of my guys that year so I am pretty indifferent with where he's at. And that's just looking at the surface of the top 11 names.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Sparkplug
Feb 29, 2020
It's certainly not his greatest piece I've ever read. He should stick to the deep dive profiles that require more relationships and reporting, and less opinion.

For a draft class that wasn't exactly stacked up top, it's weird to see this list. Half the top 10 prospects in all of hockey came from the 2021 class? Yeah, color me doubtful. I don't care how many kids graduated.

You'd have a hard time convincing me to trade Seider for anyone not named Byfield in that top group, and I'm sure many people would here wouldn't even include Byfield. I still buy Raymond over Johnson, Clarke, and Beniers (I'd also have Eklund over any of those guys for full disclosure, but that is neither here nor there), and Perfetti was one of my guys that year so I am pretty indifferent with where he's at. And that's just looking at the surface of the top 11 names.

Recency bias.

I'm also fairly certain he's consistently ranked Raymond ahead of Seider in his previous articles despite Mo performing well above expectations and growing a ton as a prospect in the timeframes he wrote them.

ThankGord

Jul 11, 2018
GR, MI
I'm making decisions based on highest potential so I went with Cossa here as I think he could be an elite goalie. Berggren and Veleno were close but I see them as middle-six guys. Johansson also crossed my mind, I think he's a bit underrated right now.

Add McIsaac or Mastro.

Reactions: njx9

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
For a draft class that wasn't exactly stacked up top, it's weird to see this list. Half the top 10 prospects in all of hockey came from the 2021 class?

Yeah, that’s my main issue with it.

Especially Clarke over Seider. I like the upside of Clarke, but Seider has wayyyyy less question marks at this point in time.

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
Cossa. He's the last of our Tier 1 prospects. Berggren kicks off Tier 2.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Sparkplug
Feb 29, 2020
I don’t see his peak as high as Nyquist’s. I see his peak at around 50 points.

That would be top 3 on this team with Blashill coaching it. Nyquist did have a 60 point season and probably could have had more of them were it not for how bad Detroit's offense was post-2012.

Reactions: KJoe88

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
Berggren. Come on guys.

Cossa is nice but we can vote him higher next year. And the year after that. And the year after that. And the year after that.

Are we supposed to give Berggren an honorary 3rd runner up pity vote? Or can we just vote for who we think is the better prospect now, even if he was picked 3 draft classes later?

Hopefully Berggren proves everyone wrong and outplays the 4th/5th top prospect label.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Sparkplug
Feb 29, 2020
Are we supposed to give Berggren an honorary 3rd runner up pity vote? Or can we just vote for who we think is the better prospect now, even if he was picked 3 draft classes later?

Hopefully Berggren proves everyone wrong and outplays the 4th/5th top prospect label.

Yes.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Went Berggren but could have easily went with Cossa. I would like to see more than a 19 game (absolutely studly 19 games though) sample before I rank him over Berggren who just did what he did in that tiny amount of ice time he got compared to others in Sweden. I would bet on Cossa being ranked higher the next time we do this, I just want to see it a bit more from COssa first

OgeeOgelthorpe

Sparkplug
Feb 29, 2020
5jrjqa.jpg

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
Went Berggren but could have easily went with Cossa. I would like to see more than a 19 game (absolutely studly 19 games though) sample before I rank him over Berggren who just did what he did in that tiny amount of ice time he got compared to others in Sweden. I would bet on Cossa being ranked higher the next time we do this, I just want to see it a bit more from COssa first

I'm wondering if we even see Berggren in this offseason activity next year. We could be looking at this with a completely different perspective after this season.

I was wondering if it made more sense to do the 23 & under ranking more so than prospect because we are probably losing Seider and possibly one or two of Veleno/Berggren/Raymond in the "prospect" ranking. We shall see.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad