3.) Petr Mrázek - 22, G: 6'2" 187lbs. Ostrava, CZE 84.85%
4.) Xavier Ouellet - 20, D: 6'0" 200 lbs. Bayonne, FRA 39.36%
5.) Ryan Sproul - 21, RD: 6'4" 205 lbs. Mississauga, ON, CAN 57.14%
6.) Teemu Pulkkinen - 22, RW: 5'11" 185 lbs. Vantaa, FIN 46.25%
7.) Alexei Marchenko - 22, RD: 6'2" 212 lbs. Moskva, RUS 40.63%
8.) Mattias Bäckman - 21, D: 6'2" 176 lbs. Linköping, SWE 62.07%
9.) Dylan Larkin - 17, C: 6'1" 190 lbs. Waterford, MI, USA 60.44%
10.) Andreas Athanasiou - C/LW: 6'2" 200 lbs. Mississauga, ON, CAN 84.81%

Athanasiou rounds out the Top 10, a very intriguing group. Extremely likely you will be able to watch 9 of the 10 develop together as teammates for a couple months at the start of the season before inevitable callups.

We had a tie on the add, been waiting but it doesn't look like anybody is going to break it so... Yeah going to put up Tvrdon, I know no surprise but tie goes to my guess so we can keep moving and I can follow the teachings of Babs.

In any event discuss, vote and offer an add.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Nick Jensen, huge fan of his skating and his game. I think with the full off-season he is in for a big year, that GR team is going to flat out kill people. I see no way his skating, positional sense and willingness to play physical doesn't get him to the NHL at some point. Just skating wise he looks like a carbon copy of Duncan Keith at times.

Alexander Kadeykin narrowly beats out Paterson for me. Paterson really internally is very unlikely to be as low as he is on our board where goalies fall and after his WJC I think he has suffered. But there is a lot to like about him as a goalie, I just am intrigued more by a big guy already putting up points in the KHL.

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
Jensen. He's at least as close to the NHL as Nosek, if not closer, and has the higher ceiling.

we like our team*

nick_jensen_detroit.jpg

jensen already looks 30. i think he's ready for the nhl

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Jensen. He's at least as close to the NHL as Nosek, if not closer, and has the higher ceiling.

Not trying to be rude in any way, but do you know enough about Nosek to say that? (Just regarding ceiling)

By all accounts he has a pretty sick pair of hands to go along with a good-sized frame.

Wasn't just beat writers and attendees praising him either, the players did too.

I think Nosek is great, he scored a real nice goal out there, he's definitely an extremely skilled forward.
-Mantha

I originally pegged him as another Joakim Andersson type, but I think there's more potential than that there.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Not trying to be rude in any way, but do you know enough about Nosek to say that? (Just regarding ceiling)

By all accounts he has a pretty sick pair of hands to go along with a good-sized frame.

Wasn't just beat writers and attendees praising him either, the players did too.

I originally pegged him as another Joakim Andersson type, but I think there's more potential than that there.

Have only seen him a couple times and was not focusing, but he skates better than Andersson too. Needs to work on that, but he is better in that department.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Have only seen him a couple times and was not focusing, but he skates better than Andersson too. Needs to work on that, but he is better in that department.

I will openly say I know little to nothing about him.

But it seems a lot of folks were impressed with him at development camp. And I have some faith in him since Jiri endorses him too.

I like Jensen, and he's my vote here. But this kid may have more skill than we're aware of.

sully6one

Unregistered User
Aug 6, 2011
Michigan
I went with Bertuzzi who I think will be playing the same role as Shaw. I think he can play on any of the bottom 3 lines and be effective. If he gets to 215 lbs then maybe even the 1st mine in an Abdelkader role.

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
Went with Janmark. I need another season with more icetime to really assess what Jensen brings, and I wasn't comfortable voting on Nosek without having some idea of what he's like.

I thought Janmark was starting to look pretty good before he got taken out of the lineup for the playoffs. :(

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I will openly say I know little to nothing about him.

But it seems a lot of folks were impressed with him at development camp. And I have some faith in him since Jiri endorses him too.

I like Jensen, and he's my vote here. But this kid may have more skill than we're aware of.

Yeah I voted Jensen, but to be honest I am surprised Nosek is preferred to Janmark if you're looking at our forwards. I think both guys futures are on the wing though they have center flexibility. Either way, I think I have Janmark narrowly ahead in terms of that argument, we will see I expect big things out of him at Frolunda this year. He did a lot with very little help last year, Nosek is going to have a good team so I don't know how they will come out of that. Just if I was thinking forward that is where I would be leaning.

drw02

Aug 10, 2013
Oh yeah forgot about Kadeykin...my add vote goes to him instead of Paterson

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Yeah I voted Jensen, but to be honest I am surprised Nosek is preferred to Janmark if you're looking at our forwards. I think both guys futures are on the wing though they have center flexibility. Either way, I think I have Janmark narrowly ahead in terms of that argument, we will see I expect big things out of him at Frolunda this year. He did a lot with very little help last year, Nosek is going to have a good team so I don't know how they will come out of that. Just if I was thinking forward that is where I would be leaning.

That makes sense. I think both of them will probably need a bit of time to adjust to the NA game and ice, and are much farther away than Jensen.

Janmark has a lot of skill too, and I would probably vote for him over Nosek at this point. I was just trying to shed some light on people's takes from him at camp. They're encouraging to me. It will be interesting to see how he does this year.

Why do you think Nosek is better suited as a wing?

RWC says this:

Plays a smart, responsible two-way game
And
Shows solid potential as a faceoff man

That sounds like good traits for a center.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
That makes sense. I think both of them will probably need a bit of time to adjust to the NA game and ice, and are much farther away than Jensen.

Janmark has a lot of skill too, and I would probably vote for him over Nosek at this point. I was just trying to shed some light on people's takes from him at camp. They're encouraging to me. It will be interesting to see how he does this year.

Why do you think Nosek is better suited as a wing?

RWC says this:

And

That sounds like good traits for a center.

Part of it is Blashill already seems to talk about him that way. I think it helps with his footspeed if that doesn't get a whole lot better and he likes to dig for pucks around the net. Centers do that, but not a ton in our system and there is a time for it. I think as a Winger he could get that role and our center could keep high position, now on Z's line for instance he has always had a high forward for the most part in Filppula or Nyquist last year, so there is a lineup that allows him to play low and in the corners but I just think his future is on the wing though. Certainly would be excited if he played center and made it.

Having center flexibility is never a bad thing that is for sure.

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
Going with Janmark until I see more of Nosek. Add Kadeykhin, I would probably rank him at least ahead of Frk, Tvrdon and Turgeon.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad