Pre-Game Talk: Detroit @ New Jersey 7:00PM EST Tuesday March 4th, 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 4m
Holland said Weiss had setback today and is going for tests. Not a good day for him, Holland said.

Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 3m
Cleary out at least one week with knee injury.

Dammit. Get back by within a week at the latest. Can't afford to let Clears back in the lineup.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Seinfeld-Im-out.gif

This is the only appropriate response.

No Z, no D, not even Weiss.

This season is turning into hot garbage. I'm glad our kid are awesome and playing, but unless our big guns get healthy and stay healthy we're not doing anything.

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 3m
Babcock said Andersson will play in Datsyuk's place on line with Franzen and Nyquist. No changes on defense. Kindl not playing tomorrow.

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 4m
Howard is starting tomorrow. Broduer for Devils.

Kyleftlx

twitter*****/kyle_ftl
May 9, 2010
Michigan!
Weiss is starting to piss me off. The guy should just retire if he can't play.

He's 30. Look at Andrei Markov. Dude is 35, and from 10/11-11/12 he played 20 games total. Now he's back and has barely missed any time the past two years. It's entirely possible that Weiss comes back eventually and doesn't get any more major injuries. You just have to wait for him to come back.

probertANDernie

Mar 3, 2013
MI
This has to be the most frustrating season is recent memory. The Cleary saga, injuries, the Olympics, Weiss...

Any improvements the Wings do make seem to be lateral. Player comes back, other player gets hurt etc.

Never wanted an off season more then I do now. The only "Silver Lining" is the play of the kid line, other than that, I have checked out for 2013-14.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Datsyuk out and Weiss setback?

What does this team do on off days? Play rugby? We can never make it between 2 games without something bad happening.

Oh well Datsyuk looked bad, not completely unexpected. Hope sitting out actually helps him. And Weiss...I guess everyone who felt like getting him back could ruin chemistry may be getting their wish.

Back to expecting a loss and being pleasantly surprised with a point. We had a good run of 2 games with a solid lineup.

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014
Just when we were starting to go on a roll.... The Mule really needs to put this team on his back.

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014
Mules are good at that, no?

Yes, Yes they are. Unleash the Mule :D
Really wonder if both Datsyuk and and Weiss are out for a while and we struggle offensively if we call up Jarnkrok. The kids have to step it up even more now.

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014
I think Babcock has Glendening play center for the Red Wings before they call up Jarnkrok

Glendening will already be playing center. If we are desperate for a top 6 center, he is our only choice. But I think Franzen gets moved back to center instead of calling up Jarnkrok.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Glendening will already be playing center. If we are desperate for a top 6 center, he is our only choice. But I think Franzen gets moved back to center instead of calling up Jarnkrok.

Yeah, it needs two injuries for Andersson/Sheahan/Franzen combo. Then it will be time to call up the IronHook.

Going against Devils with Andersson and Sheahan as our 1-2 centers.. feels almost like a Griffins last playoff run. :)

Almost the whole TOP6 is the same, only difference is Franzen at Francis Pare's spot. :amazed:

Tatar - Andersson - Nyquist
Jurco - Sheahan - Pare...
Hoggan - Glendening - Mursak
Grant - Ferraro - Callahan

Roy S

May 16, 2009
Unless the matchups change, and I doubt they will, the Kid line is really the 4th line. They get far and away the easiest minutes on the entire team both in terms of quality of opposition and offensive zone faceoffs. They kill those minutes, though, so that's still an advantage for the Wings.

They also have 3 really good wingers in the top 6 in Alfie, Franzen and Nyquist and middle forwards in Helm, Abdelkader and Miller that can hold their own defensively. They could be ok based on all that, but missing your top 3 centers is usually nearly impossible to overcome especially when your defenseman don't move the puck that well on the back end. It'll be a good test for Anderrsson, though.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
it is pretty odd that a guy can have a setback that requires more tests after so many days of what he said were good practices and feeling great

i get datsyuk not playing as clearly his knee is injured and sore but the weiss thing seems really strange

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad