Friedman: Detroit is "open for business"

ClappysFromTheHashys

Feb 15, 2017
We'll see, not sure how you can say Detroit made out like bandits atp when the guy they passed on is playing D in the NHL as an 18 year old and very much has the look of a future top pairing D. How many 18 year olds play D in the NHL? Detroit may have kept Chychrun in the OHL if they took him, doesn't mean they would've been correct to do so. This franchise has gotten a lot of things wrong the past decade.

Could have had Chychrun and Hronek. Smith and Cholowski were both reaches. Also considering freeing up the Datsyuk space led to a bad contract for Nielsen DET did terrible here.

tony d

New poll series coming from me on June 3
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
I wonder if being open for business would mean moving Zetterberg. He's 37 this year but there's a few teams in the league that could use his ability and experience.

drw02

Aug 10, 2013
I'm willing to bet Arizona is the only team that Chych gets a shot in the NHL at 18 with.

That may be but he's showing he can hang and that it wasn't a necessarily a bad decision by AZ to play him right away. He was widely considered a top 3-5 prospect in '16 draft until he had a slight down year in his draft year. Looks more like it was just a hiccup and several teams look stupid for passing on him. But especially Detroit because they have been adamant about wanting a top pairing D since Lidstrom retired, they potentially had one right in their grasp and chose to pass on him. All to move one year of cap space under this delusional belief they could still contend without Datsyuk while still asininely believing they drafted the better player in Cholowski, a long term project with raw skills.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
I could see the Rangers being interested in Ott, Helm and Green. DeKeyser too, but I don't think Holland would deal him.

Ott is all yours, Can't see Holland dealing Helm. And it sounds like Holland might be resigning Green possibly to another short term deal and DeKeyser will only get dealt for a player like Trouba nothing else.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Are they open to trade zetterberg and kronwall for a rebuild?

Nope trading either Zetterberg or Kronwall due to the cap recapture make absolutely zero sense here, No way will Holland deal either Kronwall has bad knees and only 2 more years after this season. Would rather see Kronner have career ending knee surgery and go on LTIR for his last 2 years. And with Zetterberg unless he asks out to a possible cup contender he wont get moved.

drw02

Aug 10, 2013
I don't disagree with you, but enjoy Trouba's terrible contract coming up here pretty soon.

Trouba >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Dekeyser

You could put Trouba on a max contract and he'd still be more valuable than Dekeyser

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Habs are definitely interested in Vanek, Tatar, Nyquist, Zetterberg, Mantha

Any realistic option? We can give you gallagher, emelin or a few prospects or a pick

I suppose Larkin and Mantha aren't available?

You can have Vanek.

Tatar or Nyquist will only get moved for a top D prospect and rightfully so. Pretty sure that Sergachev is a no go so don't see a deal there.

And Zetterberg due to the cap recapture wont get moved.

Larkin, Mantha, AA, Svechnikov and Mrazek are our core players that we should be building our future team around. They wouldn't be cheap.

Rick74*

Oct 7, 2016
London, Ont
Unless teams are willing to pay with their vital organs, Zetterberg is not going anywhere.

I'd honestly get as much value as you can from an aging star like Zetterbrgh. You are not going to see the playoffs again while he finishes out his career.

So he's more useful to you getting you future picks and talent. But don't ask for the moon.

He's 37.

ClappysFromTheHashys

Feb 15, 2017
I'd honestly get as much value as you can from an aging star like Zetterbrgh. You are not going to see the playoffs again while he finishes out his career.

So he's more useful to you getting you future picks and talent. But don't ask for the moon.

He's 37.

He is 36, still produces 1st line numbers, and trading him causes DET to lose the potential LTIR avoidance of recapture penalties (probably cap circumvention).

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
Trouba >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Dekeyser

You could put Trouba on a max contract and he'd still be more valuable than Dekeyser

Hahahahaha... no.

Trouba with a 14M cap hit would not be more valuable than DeKeyser.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad