Speculation: Detroit heavily scouting Boston?

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
Wild thought; Boston is in on Hanifin but needs to move a lot of salary.

Who do they move? Who would Detroit take?

TheOctopusKid

Sep 24, 2010
Speculation in terms of more and more Wings scouting Bruins games; and vice versa.

Wings were at the BOS0-TB game, BOS was at the CHI-DET last night, DET is in SEA/BOS. This is a lot of scouting between these two teams more than just general on-the-road opponent pro scouting. Thing is, I can't think of anything either team would be willing to move to another at this point?

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
Speculation in terms of more and more Wings scouting Bruins games; and vice versa.

Wings were at the BOS0-TB game, BOS was at the CHI-DET last night, DET is in SEA/BOS. This is a lot of scouting between these two teams more than just general on-the-road opponent pro scouting. Thing is, I can't think of anything either team would be willing to move to another at this point?

Maybe BOS is in for Hanifin and Detroit is facilitating for cap reasons? DeBrusk? Grzelcyk? Lindholm???

Edit; or we could just be scouting a playoff opponent.

Last edited:
Reactions: Stony Curtis

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
If the playoffs started today, Boston would be our 1st round opponent. I know it's been a while, but that's a reasonable justification to be scouting a team.

Reactions: lilidk

TheOctopusKid

Sep 24, 2010
If the playoffs started today, Boston would be our 1st round opponent. I know it's been a while, but that's a reasonable justification to be scouting a team.

I'd agree with this. My natural inclination is to just assume the simplest answer. However, the fact that they are both, simultaneously scouting each other back and forth, more than 20 games out from the actual seeding in a tight race; boy are both the Wings and Bruins going to look stupid when they wasted all their time scouting each other for two straight months and do even play!

Seriously though, if it two weeks out from the playoffs, I'd buy that. There's not added benefit to having a scout at your potential 1st rd opponent for what seems like 5 out of the last 6 games and DET being equally invested in BOS games for a what if in two months

RRhoads

Mar 10, 2015
Norway
Rangers would if you go by points, Panthers by points percentage. It is a toss up who we might meet between the Rangers, Bruins and Panthers. If it was because of the first round, we would send scouts there as well.

WaW

Armchair Assistant Coffee Gofer for the GM
Mar 18, 2017
"Detroit heavily scouting Boston"

We should hire Conor Stallions to run the opposition scouting operation tbh.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad