Speculation: Detroit heavily scouting Boston?

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I would be stunned if Boston moved a goalie in division and I don't really want to know that cost. However, at some point they are going to have to make that call on which goalie and maybe they need to move salary to do something else they want to do.

It is worth noting, there are a lot of scouts at most games... It always kind of amuses me that at a certain time of year this means a ton. Nobody is tracking where Maltby is from October through January, then it becomes really important. Most league departments have a book on each guy over the years, it keeps building.

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
I would be stunned if Boston moved a goalie in division and I don't really want to know that cost. However, at some point they are going to have to make that call on which goalie and maybe they need to move salary to do something else they want to do.

It is worth noting, there are a lot of scouts at most games... It always kind of amuses me that at a certain time of year this means a ton. Nobody is tracking where Maltby is from October through January, then it becomes really important. Most league departments have a book on each guy over the years, it keeps building.
Boston would be crazy to move Swayman and I'm not that interested in Ullmark. I don't see any trades between DET and BOS.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
3-way trade incoming. Hanifin is going to Boston and Hampus Lindholm headed to Detroit. You heard it here first.

Could not build any idea between 2 teams, but I think this kind of scenario would be something.

Boston will need cap space for this season (to add a Center), and 6.5M Hampus Lindholm would open 1.55M for 4.95M Noah Hanifin.

Also at next season, Hanifin could extend for 7.5M with Bruins, and Boston have cap space for that.

Detroit would benefit getting cost-controlled Top-Pair shut defenceman Lindholm for only 6.5M (rather than at least ~7.5M extended Hanifin), signed long-term.

He would be a perfect partner for Seider and also mentor for other swedish prospect defencemen.

Last edited:

19 for president

Apr 28, 2002
Could not build any idea between 2 teams, but I think this kind of scenario would be something.

Boston will need cap space for this season (to add a Center), and 6.5M Hampus Lindholm would open 1.55M for 4.95M Noah Hanifin.

Also at next season, Hanifin could extend for 7.5M with Bruins, and Boston have cap space for that.

Detroit would benefit getting cost-controlled Top-Pair shut defenceman Lindholm for only 6.5M (rather than at least ~7.5M extended Hanifin), signed long-term.

He would be a perfect partner for Seider and also mentor for other swedish prospect defencemen.

I would love Lindholm, but from Boston's standpoint is the Hanafin upgrade worth the lost cap space and assets to acquire him?

With that said I wouldn't be surprised if we were scouting their opponents for assets and Boston as our likely 1st round opponent if we keep up our current spot in the standings. I really doubt Detroit and Boston are trading in season unless its a very minor swap. We are no longer a straight rebuilding mode so unless someone is making out like a bandit and the other is desperate I can't see these teams dealing.

Reactions: Henkka

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
This. Just like all the times we are at a OHL/QMJHL/WHL or European game of a prospect we don't end up picking. It's really just due diligence.

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012

he'll be 31 next year :/ I dont see yzerman going after him when he has already said he wants to only have long term contracts with 26/27 or younger.

Octopus

May 17, 2006
SY has said D is the priority for him at the deadline and I can't imagine anyone but Carlo being of interest. SY likes his D BIG,so Carlo find the bill. The Bruins need a center so one of Veleno, Rasmussen, Copp or Compher. Fabbri can play center as well.

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
SY has said D is the priority for him at the deadline and I can't imagine anyone but Carlo being of interest. SY likes his D BIG,so Carlo find the bill. The Bruins need a center so one of Veleno, Rasmussen, Copp or Compher. Fabbri can play center as well.
Really don’t think that’s gonna happen

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
Gotta love arm chair GMs dismissing actual facts to fuel their own agenda as to why Bos and Det aren’t trading, to which, none of you know. Hilarious actually.
The biggest actual facts are that Detroit and Boston may well be facing each other in the first round of the playoffs and their roster and prospect makeups aren't conducive to trades between the two teams.

stillwater

cellar door
Mar 17, 2011
If he has the facts, you have to believe him.

I mean, if you can't find the facts on an internet message board, where would you find them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad