Proposal: Detroit-Chicago | Mrazek for Murphy

Redder Winger

May 4, 2017
Red Wings trade Petr Mrazek to Chicago for Connor Murphy.

Hawks get goalie insurance and get rid of a guy who hasn't worked out there.
Detroit gets a chance to work Murphy into the D some hoped he'd be.

Spectra

Registered boozer
Aug 3, 2005
In short, no f***ing way. Murphy is a top 4D on a reasonable deal. Mrazek is not better than what we have in goal and is therefore not wanted or needed.

Redder Winger

May 4, 2017
Murphy is playing 15 minutes a night (lowest of his career)
He has eight points.
That's a #6 defenseman.
And he makes $4M/Y long term.

I thought you guys would want out from that deal.

Reactions: 99664987

Redder Winger

May 4, 2017
If Chicago wants out of the Murphy contract then the answer isn't Mrazek.

It could be if they need an insurance plan in goal.

The nice thing about Mrazek is that he's an RFA. If Chicago doesn't want him/ can't afford him, he's gone.

Anyway, Mrazek will find his game with routine play and a team with a half decent defense and coach.

Chicago seems like a good place for him to find it, if Crawford is out long term.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
It could be if they need an insurance plan in goal.

The nice thing about Mrazek is that he's an RFA
. If Chicago doesn't want him/ can't afford him, he's gone.

Anyway, Mrazek will find his game with routine play and a team with a half decent defense and coach.

Chicago seems like a good place for him to find it, if Crawford is out long term.

Mrazek might as well be a UFA. No chance in hell Detroit, Chicago, or any other team would give him the $4.15m qualifying offer required to hold his RFA rights this summer.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Murphy is one of our better defenseman. He gets very little time on special teams and Q isn't the biggest fan of him, but most of us Hawks fans are.

I'd be interested in Mrazek for a 4th. NOT for Murphy.

Reactions: uncleben85

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Can't see the Hawks pulling the plug on Murphy. He seems like a guy they headhunted prior to dealing Hjalmarsson.

migi

Feb 25, 2015
Murphy should play with Keith or at least 3D minutes in Hawks but Q is stupid.

1st and Mrazek for Murphy and 3rd. Yes you are not doing it either.

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
Well this is bad, Murphy was only bad for 10 or so games then has finally adjusted to Q and is a great RD now for our team

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Don't expect other fans to necessarily understand why your coach hates a guy, it does make him seem available.

You know kind of like how not a lof of Wings fan understand why the Wings have treated Mrazek the way they have tanking his numbers and value making him cheaper than he should be.

Murphy seems like he isn't going to be in Q's plans and Q isn't going anywhere anytime soon. People are going to start inquiring and it isn't going to be 1st or 2nd round picks they offer when the coach seems to despise the guy.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Don't expect other fans to necessarily understand why your coach hates a guy, it does make him seem available.

You know kind of like how not a lof of Wings fan understand why the Wings have treated Mrazek the way they have tanking his numbers and value making him cheaper than he should be.

Murphy seems like he isn't going to be in Q's plans and Q isn't going anywhere anytime soon. People are going to start inquiring and it isn't going to be 1st or 2nd round picks they offer when the coach seems to despise the guy.
Q isn't going anywhere anytime soon? What is your source for that?

The Hawks were bounced out of the playoffs in two consecutive years and might not even make it to the playoffs this year. The only thing that could save Q from being fired for a bad performance this season is that he can blame Crow's injury for missing the playoffs. If Crow was healthy and we failed again this year, his ass would likely be gone.

The writing was on the wall for him this past off-season already when Bowman fired Q's BFF (Mike Kitchen).

ThatSaid

May 31, 2015
Glendale Heights, IL
I wouldn't be against a move for Mrazek, but not for Murphy. He's in our long-term plans with his team friendly cap hit and plenty of term. He's getting limited minutes because he's currently paired with Seabrook. That won't last forever. Being scratched tonight absolutely miffs me, because Murphy has been one of our better players since he switched to the left side.

I'd do Kempny for Mrazek, only because Q just seems allergic to playing him. Kempny is a super capable bottom pairing guy who's gotten a raw deal here. Maybe Kempny and a late round pick for Mrazek. But if we start attaching high picks in pursuit of relief goaltending, I'd rather go after a guy like Lehner.

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
Whoever this red wing original poster trying to sell the dumpster fire that is mrazek hard trying to take advantage of the Crawford situation. He's not returning anything even close to Murphy. Mrazek is a $4 mil backup with atrocious numbers. Murphy is just getting into the new system but his underlying numbers have been pretty damn good

Reactions: ShelbyZ

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
Murphy is playing 15 minutes a night (lowest of his career)
He has eight points.
That's a #6 defenseman.
And he makes $4M/Y long term.

I thought you guys would want out from that deal.

Murphy is not a #6. He's a solid 2nd pairing guy. Mrazek has been a mediocre backup goalie this year, I can't see him having much value.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad