Detroit/Chicago/Los Angeles/Boston/Pittsburgh

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
can we all just agree (between us fans from these 5 formidable clubs) that from now on, any team that ends up winning would be truly a coin toss?

i mean, would be very difficult to imagine Boston winning the cup? or Chicago? or Detroit? or LA? or Pittsburgh?

between these 5... the 4 that don't win... will it take away anything from them?

the team that does win the cup... was it truly because they were so superior to the other 4?

this is the very first time for as long as i remember have i seen a top 5 like this where they all truly deserve respect

they all have earned it

and hats off and goodluck to all 5 ! :handclap:

NOW LET THE TRUE GAMES BEGIN!!!

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
oops id ask mods to close this...i posted it on the wrong place...im sorry...the discussion is already on the main board

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
the hawks might well be out of it by tomorrow...but if they win, of the 3 teams left (la, pens, bruins), i think la will be their toughest competition - followed by boston - followed by pitts.

:dunno:

maybe this time tomorrow someone from the DET board will be providing comments.

ElKingsFan92

Mar 10, 2011
Hollywood/Lakewood
the hawks might well be out of it by tomorrow...but if they win, of the 3 teams left (la, pens, bruins), i think la will be their toughest competition - followed by boston - followed by pitts.

:dunno:

maybe this time tomorrow someone from the DET board will be providing comments.

Ah, don't sell yourself short. You guys have gotten this far and could possibly get farther for a reason. You guys can easily expose how slow we can be at times and you guys would be the most skilled team the Kings have played the past two seasons in the playoffs.

Sydor25

LA Kings
Vokoun is giving Pittsburgh enough goaltending to win the Cup. As much as I hate to say it, I think Pittsburgh is still the favorite to win the Cup.

Could be a great series with Boston, but I wouldn't be surprised to see a quick end to Boston's season either. Pittsburgh gets scoring throughout their entire lineup.

The Sharks couldn't get a goal from their bottom six against the Kings and that was a huge difference in the series. Quick still was the MVP of the first two rounds, but the Kings get contributions from everyone in the lineup, even when they aren't scoring.

Getting Stoll back at close to 100% would be huge in the next round. Would give the Kings their center depth back and keep Lewis on the wing, where he excels.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Every team has their strengths and weaknesses. Every team has had their own road to this point.

Pittsburgh played the least experienced team in the playoffs in the 1st round, with a 37 year old goaltender. They played an Ottawa team that probably doesn't get out of the 1st round if they hadn't played a paper tiger in Montreal.

Boston was down 4-1 at home in Game 7 against Toronto, after being up 3-1 in the series and losing Games 5 and 6 to the Leafs. Then they play the Rangers basically without Richards in the entire series.

Chicago played a nothing series against Minnesota. Then they have to come back from down 3-1 against Detroit to force a Game 7.

The Kings have pretty much been riding Quick for 13 games, with an offense, especially a 1st line, that isn't doing much offensively.

Detroit's been riding Howard the same way, and may be the most impressive team so far considering their circumstances. If they win two Game 7's on the road in a row, that's pretty good.

AKAY47

Bring back Dean Lombardi!!!
Feb 27, 2009
Ottawa
Vokoun is giving Pittsburgh enough goaltending to win the Cup. As much as I hate to say it, I think Pittsburgh is still the favorite to win the Cup.

Could be a great series with Boston, but I wouldn't be surprised to see a quick end to Boston's season either. Pittsburgh gets scoring throughout their entire lineup.

The Sharks couldn't get a goal from their bottom six against the Kings and that was a huge difference in the series. Quick still was the MVP of the first two rounds, but the Kings get contributions from everyone in the lineup, even when they aren't scoring.

Getting Stoll back at close to 100% would be huge in the next round. Would give the Kings their center depth back and keep Lewis on the wing, where he excels.

Boston will beat Pittsburgh. They're a much better defensive/tight checking team than the Islanders/Senators. I'm telling you dude, the Penguins gave Vokoun alot of support, they won't be able to do that vs Boston, it's going to be tight games and who knows if Vokoun can steal a game for Pittsburgh? This will be an interesting series, for sure.

Wooty

Dec 31, 2006
Harbor City, CA
For all the talk about the Pens offense their D and goaltending is not good. Also, if you forecheck the **** out of them, they are forced to dump it out to the neutral zone where a good team just takes control and dumps it back in.

I think their D is going to be punished hit after hit and not be able to keep up.

I love Crosby and Malkin etc. but as a team I am interested to see how they handle the physical play from Boston. On the other side, the Bs goaltending has not always been consistent.

KingKopitar11*

I can't wait for the Pens to lose. Their cocky fans need a wake up call. I want the east to fail astronomically. Lol made me laugh calling us Lucky.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad