Proposal: Detroit-Chicago / Edmonton-Chicago

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
When you can't make a bottom 10 team for half a season at age 25 you're not a solid anything. There's about 4 of those type of players on every team.
You're right, players can never get better once they hit age 25.

And to judge who made the team, or who played how many minutes in Chicago this year isn't a good way to judge the player, especially if you didn't watch them.
Q scratched Michael kempny for half of the year, and now he is a top 4 D on a conference finalist.

I watched the games, Jurco is a solid bottom 6 player.

How's that 3rd rounder working out for you?

Jay haller

Oct 22, 2017
To be fair jurco was stapled to kane’s Off wing even when Kane doesn’t care he could probably get jurco 30 points.

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
When other teams make this jeer I get it. Hawk fan?

www.dictionary.com

search up hypocrite. You will learn what you are and hopefully can change it
Well, being a "hypocrite" would mean said poster doesn't really mean the Oilers we're gifted four first overall draft picks and are still awful.

Which would basically make most hockey fans outside of edmonton hypocrites, from this logic since, the Oilers are awful.

Gifted one great player.
Trading whom could be the league MVP this year for a middling second pairing defenseman.
Watching one first OA in Nuge drift into mediocre level play after being anointed the next Datsyuk.
Watching one of their first over all's gloriously bust.

Awful. Hypocritically awful.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
You're right, players can never get better once they hit age 25.

And to judge who made the team, or who played how many minutes in Chicago this year isn't a good way to judge the player, especially if you didn't watch them.
Q scratched Michael kempny for half of the year, and now he is a top 4 D on a conference finalist.

I watched the games, Jurco is a solid bottom 6 player.

Shocking that a 2017 3rd round pick hasn't made an impact with us already!! We all know if 3rd round picks don't play in the NHL during their draft +1 they're complete busts.

Also I'm not just judging Jurco on this past season. I'm judging him also being a healthy scratch on a terrible Wings team, and going on waivers where 0 teams wanted him for free.

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
When other teams make this jeer I get it. Hawk fan?

www.dictionary.com

search up hypocrite. You will learn what you are and hopefully can change it

Point to when the Hawks got 4 1st overalls. two 3rd overalls (one of which busting massivley) and a 1st (the only first overall in franchise history) arent comparable in the slightest to 4 1st overalls plus a 3rd and 4th in a 7 year span. Oilers literally opened up discussions on limiting the amount of 1st overalls a team can get in a certain span of time, they have drafted 1st more times in the past 8 years period than a good 95% of teams have in their entire history.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
I counter the OP, Wings offer conditional 7th rounder in 2049 for the Hawks next 27 1st rounders!

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017

Petruzzelli is actually regarded as a good goalie prospect, but as with most goalies you simply don't know how they're gonna do until they make the league.

... Or as for most players drafted in the 3rd round less than a year ago.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Shocking that a 2017 3rd round pick hasn't made an impact with us already!! We all know if 3rd round picks don't play in the NHL during their draft +1 they're complete busts.

Also I'm not just judging Jurco on this past season. I'm judging him also being a healthy scratch on a terrible Wings team, and going on waivers where 0 teams wanted him for free.
Oh, so your 3rd round pick isn't doing anything for your current team, and more than likely won't ever make the NHL?
Meanwhile, Jurco is contributing for the Hawks in a depth role. 3rd round picks or later have very little value, and very rarely turn into NHLers.

No one on Chicago is sweating a 3rd round pick, we prefer NHL players that can play right now, and Jurco is that.

And good for you judging a player on what he did 3 years ago.

njx9

Feb 1, 2016
:wings
Debrincat
No. 27 overall

:hawks
No. 6 overall

God no from Detroit. The team needs defense, not more wingers who will need to get paid long before the team is ready to compete.

He says, while unironically judging a prospect 3 years before he's relevant.

Which isn't even getting to the silliness of telling Detroit fans they don't know anything about Jurco.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
He says, while unironically judging a prospect 3 years before he's relevant.

Which isn't even getting to the silliness of telling Detroit fans they don't know anything about Jurco.
I'm not judging the prospect itself, but the % of a 3rd rounder becoming an NHLer. 30% of 3rd rounders become an NHLer. Jurco is already an NHLer.

Yes, Detroit fans should be the one to judge a player that hasn't played there in 3 years, and probably haven't watched a minute of him since.
Most Hawk fans were pleased with Jurco down the stretch this year, he gained confidence and was one of the better bottom 6 forwards for the team, but keep telling me about what he did 3 years ago.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Oh, so your 3rd round pick isn't doing anything for your current team, and more than likely won't ever make the NHL?
Meanwhile, Jurco is contributing for the Hawks in a depth role. 3rd round picks or later have very little value, and very rarely turn into NHLers.

No one on Chicago is sweating a 3rd round pick, we prefer NHL players that can play right now, and Jurco is that.

Is there any 2017 3rd round pick in the NHL currently? :laugh:

But hey, I guess bashing 3rd round picks drafted a year ago is easy. Good thing Detroit sucks at drafting in the later rounds. :sarcasm:

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
I'm not judging the prospect itself, but the % of a 3rd rounder becoming an NHLer. 30% of 3rd rounders become an NHLer. Jurco is already an NHLer.

Yes, Detroit fans should be the one to judge a player that hasn't played there in 3 years, and probably haven't watched a minute of him since.
Most Hawk fans were pleased with Jurco down the stretch this year, he gained confidence and was one of the better bottom 6 forwards for the team, but keep telling me about what he did 3 years ago.

He couldn't crack our team 1 year ago... why do you keep saying 3 years ago?

Also yes a 3rd round pick isn't highly likely to make the NHL. Still doesn't mean GMs should be trading 3rd rd picks for dime a dozen players than can be picked off waivers for free.

njx9

Feb 1, 2016

That's rather revisionist.

You weren't, at all, talking about the possibility of the player eventually doing anything. You were directly asking about the player. But whatever, I'm utterly uninterested in the equivocation, I just find it unintentionally ironic.

Why do you keep saying "3 years"? The Wings traded Jurco in 2017. Do you have any idea what player you're talking about?

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
That's rather revisionist.
What's revisionist? He's an NHLer and proved it this year.

You weren't, at all, talking about the possibility of the player eventually doing anything. You were directly asking about the player. But whatever, I'm utterly uninterested in the equivocation, I just find it unintentionally ironic.
My point was, and always was, that the 3rd rounder is overrated, and most likely will never be an NHLer. Picks are always overrated on this board.

Why do you keep saying "3 years"? The Wings traded Jurco in 2017. Do you have any idea what player you're talking about?
He last played a good portion of the season in Detroit in 2015-16. 3 years ago.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
He couldn't crack our team 1 year ago... why do you keep saying 3 years ago?

Also yes a 3rd round pick isn't highly likely to make the NHL. Still doesn't mean GMs should be trading 3rd rd picks for dime a dozen players than can be picked off waivers for free.
Should they have traded a 3rd for him? Probably not, but it's not some highway robbery or anything. It's a 3rd round pick, 30% chance of being an NHLer. Stan took the chance that Jurco could turn into a Panik type for us. It hasn't happened yet, but the way he finished the season he still has potential.

njx9

Feb 1, 2016
What's revisionist? He's an NHLer and proved it this year.

Your statement was a complete revision of your own arguments. Nothing to do with Jurco.

My point was, and always was, that the 3rd rounder is overrated, and most likely will never be an NHLer. Picks are always overrated on this board.

And there are 50 Jurcos available every year in FA. I have no idea what point you think you're making here.

Ah, yes. Grand Rapids is just too far away for any Wings fan to pay attention to. I assume you make the same argument any time someone talks about a prospect?

I do like the massive back pedal to "he only played 16 games in 2016, so you haven't watched him in three years." That's fun.

The Red Line

Oct 11, 2010

Because he wasn't good enough to make the pro team in the year since then, which is the entire point that is flying so far over your head.

So yes, congratulations, you guys completely fleeced Detroit for a guy that was objectively awful on the Wings, then wasn't even good enough to stay on the Blackhawks so they put him on waivers where he was passed over and unwanted by every single team in the NHL, and has scored a whopping 11 points over the past two seasons.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad