Post-Game Talk: Detroit 3 Vancouver 2, OT - We got a point! But still lost...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soups On

Apr 27, 2012
I agree with TPM. You can make that "no ice-time" excuse all day, it's not true at all. It gets harder to play later in the game because you've been skating for 2 hours and you're tired, when you play 3-4 minutes then you are fresher and have more energy to use.

He hasn't done anything offensively, in the 1st I thought he was pretty good but in the 2nd and 3rd, invisible. Mostly in his own-end, chips it in, chases after it and 10 seconds later it's out of the zone without a SOG.

He's not ready and Desjardins is still forced to use him, McCann on the other hand was great. Just admit it, Virtanen isn't ready.
Uhh. They're not skating for 2 hours. Players skate from 5-30 minutes man come on.
Ask anyone here that's played hockey, hell, any sport. You gotta get ice time and find your legs.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
lol, the title sums up the attitude of some fans around here perfectly...

GOT A POINT GUYS!

Only blew a 2-0 lead to get it!

Jun 15, 2014
people cant seem to understand that sitting around on a bench for prolonged periods of time, getting cold, has an affect on how they will perform in the limited ice time they get. See it everywhere, whether it be working out, playing a video game, playing an instrument whatever, you need time to get warm and into the game.

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
I really don't see how you can say anything bad about the kid line.

They didn't play. They played like 5-7 minutes. That is nothing. You cannot come to a conclusion saying that they looked horrible because they didn't have icetime you just can't.

People just want to jump on something.

I firmly believe Virtanen will be a really good player. I just don't think right now he is.

Horvat either needs to be in a shutdown role or have some semblance of wingers who know how to play in the NHL. He's 20 years old, not some vet that can take on the load of a whole line.

McCann has been exceptional with less talent, development isn't linear. I'm fine with him staying up despite being less physically mature because he's playing well (and still making mistakes because, shock, he's a kid). Virtanen should either be sent down or learn some fundamentals in the bottom 6 with 'grinders'.

Bottom line is we need Horvat's line to score or he needs to switch with Sutter.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Not sure why people keep referring to Prust and Dorsett as the 4th line, it's quite clear that JV-Sven is the 4th line for WD. Horvat was on the 4th line tonight, not McCann. But special teams gave Bo more minutes.

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
people cant seem to understand that sitting around on a bench for prolonged periods of time, getting cold, has an affect on how they will perform in the limited ice time they get. See it everywhere, whether it be working out, playing a video game, playing an instrument whatever, you need time to get warm and into the game.

Almost every player breaks into the league playing low minutes. Horvat got it last year, and he was fine. No one's asking for 10 goals with 5 minutes of ice time, it's more so asking for them to be noticeable on a semi-regular basis.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Well at least we ain't Anaheim.

Onto the powerhouse that is Montreal, if we lose that game I expect Benning to go off real soon..

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Yeah, as opposed to you.

THE SKY IS FALLING!!

Sky isn't falling, but it's just laughable to see the overly positive fans talk like so...blew a 2-0 and got a point, man we are such a playoff team!

Rey

Jan 11, 2007
Send Virtanen back to junior.

Sedin Sedin Vrbata
Burrows Sutter Hansen/Higgins
Prust Horvat Dorsett
Cracknell McCann Hansen/Higgins
Baetschi as the extra forward.

gogogo. This team was never meant to be good. Sell high on Vrbata at the deadline and move Sutter back to that spot when Vrbata gets at least a 1st.

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008
sit sven
send down JV

call up kenins
slot cracknell back in

sedins-sutter
kenins-horvat-vrbata
hansen-mccann-burrows
prust-cracknell-dorsett

Nomobo

Feb 20, 2015
Victoria
Not sure why people keep referring to Prust and Dorsett as the 4th line, it's quite clear that JV-Sven is the 4th line for WD. Horvat was on the 4th line tonight, not McCann. But special teams gave Bo more minutes.

Prust and Dorsett have outplayed that line by a big margin.

Horvat needs better line mates. Sit or waive Baertschi.

King Crimson

Oct 6, 2011
did you expect anything different? seriously, we're leaning on guys like dorsett and prust on a nightly basis.

Dorsett and Prust were not the problem tonight. And if you believe that they were, then I suggest re-evaluating your opinions.

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
Horvat looks like %#*+ this year.....not even noticeable. Sophomore slump. Duchene had it too, he bounced back. Let's hope next year Horvat can too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad