Confirmed Signing with Link: [DET] Thomas Vanek (1 year, $2.600M AAV)

hirawl

Used Register
Dec 27, 2010
He will score a good amount of points for the money. Too bad the other team is going to score even more.

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
World premier July 1st 2016.

Lazytown Comes To Hockeytown

Starring Thomas Yawn Vanek.

youvegotit

Dec 10, 2011
I've heard mixed opinions on him.

Recent team's fans... How has he played? Any chance he snags 30G for Detroit again?

He's incredibly frustrating to watch. Can be your best player or your worst. Often times its the latter. Super skilled but quite lazy defensively.

Bookman

Feb 27, 2002
frozen north
Visit site
He was a healthy scratch for 2 different coaches last season, and did get bought out. Failed to get 20 goals after getting just 21 the year before. Those are the red flags

I think he got too comfortable, coming home (he lives in Minnesota in the off-season), perhaps a sense of entitlement going.

If there a was a place he could bounce back and play up to his ability, I'd say Detroit would be about the top of the list.

Hope it works out - always liked the guy. Certainly a nice low-risk deal.

Cursed Lemon

Registered Bruiser
Nov 10, 2011
Dey-Twah, MI
JUST. PLAY. THE. YOUNG. GUYS. HOLLAND.

Jesus Christ. The perfect opportunity to give our cache of prospects some experience (since Holland doesn't do trades) and we get a classic Holland signing.

Not Sure

Feb 8, 2016
Buffalo
Also starring Steve Ott!

Dats is gone and Vanek/Ott co-captained Buffalo into their race to the bottom and drafting Reinhart and eventually Eichel. Coincidence?

Buffalo will give you Moulson and a protected 1st for a soon to be UFA Vanek. What do you say Detroit, don't we all want to go back in time, if even for a moment?

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
If he stays healthy, he'll put up 40-50 points. He seems to have an issue keeping his intestines from bursting (hernias) though. :(

As a Wild fan, I can't think of a player that made me more frustrated than Vanek... Some of the bonehead plays he makes left me red in the face.

Cirris

Nov 10, 2006
Crackport
World premier July 1st 2016.

Lazytown Comes To Hockeytown

Starring Thomas Yawn Vanek.

No, that's not his Nickname. Vanek's nickname was given to him back when he was with the Sabres. It was "Thomas Vanish". Cause he was quite invisible for long stretches.

gwh

Mar 4, 2013
100k over the estimated AAV. Detroit got fleeced.

More seriously, Vanek will do fine if he gets the goal front spot in 1st PP.

gwh

Mar 4, 2013
No, that's not his Nickname. Vanek's nickname was given to him back when he was with the Sabres. It was "Thomas Vanish". Cause he was quite invisible for long stretches.

Prince Valium was used in the other Wild web communities.

13to40

Feb 29, 2016
Montreal
Don't know how I feel about this. If he decides to play he can be a good impact, but at the same time him & now Ott block roster spots for the kids.

FissionFire

Dec 22, 2006
Las Vegas, NV
www.redwingscentral.com
We went from going all in for Stamkos to signing Stephen Weiss part 2 (Nielsen), Todd Bertuzzi part 2 (Vanek), Dan Cleary part 2 (Ott), and paying nearly 4M for a declining 3rd liner in Helm. The faces are different but the same awful team building failed strategy lives on.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
We went from going all in for Stamkos to signing Stephen Weiss part 2 (Nielsen)...........

Wasn't Weiss injured when Det signed him? Or at least had an injury filled season, yet Detroit still took a chance? In the case of Nielsen he has had a relatively injury free career and his playing style doesn't lead to injuries. Terrible comparison

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad