Confirmed Signing with Link: [DET] Thomas Greiss signs with the Red Wings (2 years, $3.8M AAV)

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
Personally, I might have been a bit mislabeling about the goalie glut.

For every starter that was available, it kind of---opened another spot for one of the other available goalies. We didn't have a glut as much as a giant game of musical chairs.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
That's the last good UFA goalie. Market is bare now

If somebody needs a goalie they can call Vegas. Greiss is a good goalie if you looking for a 1a/1b tandom but if I am Edmonton or Carolina I wouldn't want Greiss as my #1

BudBundy

May 16, 2005
If somebody needs a goalie they can call Vegas. Greiss is a good goalie if you looking for a 1a/1b tandom but if I am Edmonton or Carolina I wouldn't want Greiss as my #1
Koskinen has actually been pretty good, we just don’t want all our eggs in a risky basket. We need a 1B kind of guy. I was hoping for Dobby and Greiss was my 2nd choice. I don’t like where this may be going.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Love how this is turning into an Oilers thread.
Holland will get his backup goalie before Jan 01 2021. No rush.

Tetsuo

Boss of a Pile of Rubble
Apr 11, 2018
Michigan
Greiss is a good goalie but I agree he's nowhere near a legit 1G. Carolina and Edmonton probably have to come up with a trade to secure that caliber of goalie, and MAF is probably their best bet. It will probably require a series of trades to make salaries work, given that Vegas can't take anything back (presuming the Pietrangelo rumors are true).

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
This is Stevie Y we’re talking about, he just sits them down stares them in the eye and boom they’re ready to put pen to paper

you sit him down.
you look him right in the eye
and you tell him, “don’t blow up my planet”

“And you think that will work?”

he’d have to be awfully evil if it didnt

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad