Confirmed Trade: [DET/TBL] Adam Erne for 2020 4th, signs extension (1 year, $1.05M)

Jul 6, 2016
Erne and DLR: two high second round picks in the same draft will possibly play together on the Wings 4th line.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
always been a fan of him, think he’ll do well in a bigger role

I think he might too. Never really had much leash in TB's top nine, and I think he's a player who takes a while to get comfortable. Wouldn't be surprised to see him be a solid player in Detroit. He was starting to get leapfrogged here, but that's happened to other players who've gone on to solid careers elsewhere.

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
Looks like a good deal for both sides to me. Tampa frees up a bit of space, while Detroit gets a good player for cheap. Young role-players are great to have, and Erne looked like a decent hockey player from the games that I caught of him last year.

My Point is who are they making contract space for.

Bravo.

Reactions: InfinityIggy

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Opens a contract slot up (currently 49/50) so Point can be signed without having to trade Domingue... which, as a result, eliminates leverage from a potential trade partner concerning Domingue.

I do not think Tampa has much leverage with Domingue regardless. All a team has to do is look at Tampa's goalie situation and know he is the odd man out and is getting buried right now.

I'd be surprised if he had brought back any value to Tampa besides maybe freeing up 75k in cap space and opening up a contract slot or two by attaching him to a busted prospect who still has a year left on his deal. If they are lucky maybe they get a mid-20's fringe prospect who would have to go on waivers but may be able to win a job on the 4th line next year.

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Meh. I guess if it had to be done. Erne was a scrapper. Good luck to him unless we are playing Dtown.

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
I do not think Tampa has much leverage with Domingue regardless. All a team has to do is look at Tampa's goalie situation and know he is the odd man out and is getting buried right now.

I'd be surprised if he had brought back any value to Tampa besides maybe freeing up 75k in cap space and opening up a contract slot or two by attaching him to a busted prospect who still has a year left on his deal. If they are lucky maybe they get a mid-20's fringe prospect who would have to go on waivers but may be able to win a job on the 4th line next year.
Number is backwards. Domingue costs us 75k buried. Free up like 900k by him being down. Condon is the one who is costing us more.

Howie Hodge

Zombie Woof
Sep 16, 2017
Buffalo, NY
Who indeed.....

imagesXCPN5W8J.jpg

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
At least it wasn’t Joseph, I think he’s going to be a good one in the league
Joseph is still on his ELC this year, and barring him scoring 25-30 goals, won't be demanding much and more than likely would take a bridge. Of course this is all depending on this season.

Joseph might get top 6 minutes this year which could massively bloat his numbers or make him shine.

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
I know people are saying this is a nothing trade, but I am still a bit surprised. I liked Erne in the bottom 6. I wish we could have nabbed him...Old Lou would have given him 4 million for 4 years to play on our bottom line.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Guessing you haven't seen Erne play. He is a replacement level 4th liner. It's not like Yzerman got a 40-50 point guy for a 4th here. He's got 27 career points in 114 career games.

A 4th rounder is unlikely to be as good as Erne currently is.

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
A 4th rounder is unlikely to be as good as Erne currently is.
Eh. There's quite a few fourth rounders that can put up 27 career points 6 years out from their draft. I'll take my chances with TBs scouting to find value in the fourth round over a guy who still hasn't cemented his spot in the league after that long.

Just go pick a draft year and you'll find 4th rounders producing. Hell, Mathieu Joseph, taken by this very team in the 4th round of the 2015 draft is already 1 point behind Erne in career production while playing 40 something less games.

I like Erne. He was fine as a 4th liner. I'm just not sure where the poster was going by saying "Yzerman gets who he wants for what he wants to pay" as if this was some sort of steal.

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
Not bad for Detroit, I guess Tampa feels they replace him internally

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad