Confirmed Signing with Link: [DET] Red Wings sign free agent G Jussi Olkinuora (1 year, $750k, two-way)

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
He's been stellar in the KHL and of course with Team Finland where he's won all the awards. I'm excited to see him try his luck in North America. Interesting that he signed a two-way deal at his age. He had already signed with Biel-Bienne in the NL and I'm sure they were gonna pay him lots of Swiss francs.

He picked his team choice wisely. Nedeljkovic hasn't been inspiring and there's a huge void until Cossa is ready which won't be for some time.

Those with long memories will remember him as a standout collegiate goalie at Denver as well!

Reactions: BSHH

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
UnlawfulHeartyChanticleer-max-1mb.gif

Reactions: WingsToPick4th

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Aiming to join the triple-gold club.

If he does put up good numbers I think he'll be a player teams want at the deadline because it's such a cheap contract.

Remembered him in the Jets system.

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
Nice to see him get a chance. His mother is a very good friend to my dad, so I suppose they will have a chat today about this.

Reactions: BSHH and Laus723

FinPanda

Team Finland 2022 WHC champions
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
Nice to see him try to get into NHL. Definitely picked the team to have more chance for playing minutes over team success.

HockeyHistorian

Mar 17, 2015
Definitely one of the 50 best goalies in the world. I think people often overestimate the differences between goalies (and players) at the highest level. Most of the time they are almost exactly as good as the next guy. But I guess valorizing some individuals sells better. He definitely has what it takes to be a starter, but most likely he'll be the back up.

Reactions: banks

Hobnobs

Pinko
Nov 29, 2011
Cool. Justin Abdelkader also played in the Olympics.

What does USA picking a bad team have to do with Finlands team? He still was the starter during the WC where Abdelkader wasnt picked and faced a pretty good Canada team in the finals.

McDrailers

Apr 13, 2013
Newfoundland
Aiming to join the triple-gold club.

If he does put up good numbers I think he'll be a player teams want at the deadline because it's such a cheap contract.

Remembered him in the Jets system.

So do I. He was the worst out of Pasquale, Hutchinson and probably even Tokarski to play in St.Johns during our second and third AHL trial

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Genuinely one of the worst goalies I've ever seen at the AHL level. Sounds like he's turned it around, hope he keeps it up!

Reactions: Laus723

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad