Confirmed Buy-Out [DET] Red Wings buy out F Kailer Yamamoto

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
Ok Oilers fans, now you have literally no ground to stand on

Yamamoto is not an NHL player and has negative value. Nobody wanted him, and you had to pay to move him.

The team that did get him bought him out because they didn't even want him on their roster despite having ample cap space.

On the plus side, it is nice watching an entire fanbase get humiliated in real time. Very satisfying
?????

We got him off our books for free. No dead cap, no buyout space used. How does this humiliate an entire fan base? What an unhinged opinion that is.

Yamo had a great 19 game stretch 3 years ago and rode those coattails. Played with the best and couldn't keep up. A part from his never give up attitude and energy level im not so sure any Oil fan thought of him as a true top 6 player. He has been ripped to shreds on HFOil for 2 years.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
He sucks cheap buyout is a no brainer
Just an awful hockey player.

There are very few players who can drag down a McDavid or Draisatil, but Yamamoto is one of them.

Chuck Noll the legendary coach of the Pittsburgh Steelers used to say to many of the players he cut:

"It's time to get on with your life's work". Hockey ain't it for Kailer.

Now he signs with Seattle for league minimum and scores 30 goals.
For their ECHL affiliate. Maybe.

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
Ok Oilers fans, now you have literally no ground to stand on

Yamamoto is not an NHL player and has negative value. Nobody wanted him, and you had to pay to move him.

The team that did get him bought him out because they didn't even want him on their roster despite having ample cap space.

On the plus side, it is nice watching an entire fanbase get humiliated in real time. Very satisfying
What the f*** are you on about?

Paying to move 3.1 mil in cap space by including a bottom six player who wanted more than he was worth is hardly humiliating an entire fanbase. Where's that mod who was bitching about people trolling? This would be a great time to actually make an appearance.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
I kind of wondered if they wouldn't give Yamamoto a 1-year audition to see if they can get something out of him. But i forgot about the cheap buyout for a young player. That probably kinda sealed it.

So that trade was basically --> Rights to Kostin who wants too big a contract + a few hundred thousand of dead cap space for 2 years. For...nothing. Basically just Yzerman "buying" Kostin's rights for a big of cash and cap.

Fair enough. Kostin is the more intriguing guy to give that salary to and see if there's more "upside" for a year.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
I guess so. I guess no one really rated Kostin that highly so its a bit shocking. And Yamamoto is a pretty good player. Oh and Detroit didn't need the cap space either.
A lot of Oilers fans actually really liked Kostin. I feel like he could be a perfect 3rd liner on our team.

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
He was overpaid. In a league with a $2m increase cap increase across 5 seasons you’ll see NHL calibre guys get bought out.

You’re out to lunch if you believe a team wouldn’t employee him at $1m a season or be able to find a spot in a teams bottom six outside Edmonton.

Hell today Nashville bought out Duchene. Is he not an NHL player or is he just overpaid without a trader market for his cap hit?

Nobody is humiliated here. I’m sure even Yamamoto while disappointed understands why.

Very well said.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Macheteops

Apr 13, 2005
Now he signs with Seattle for league minimum and scores 30 goals.

Doesn't have the shot to score 30 and won't have McDrai feeding him empty nets

I liked Yamo and would take him back at 1m on the 3rd/4th line and I think he has room to improve but not as a 30 goal guy. Absolute muffin of a shot

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
Just an awful hockey player.

There are very few players who can drag down a McDavid or Draisatil, but Yamamoto is one of them.

Chuck Noll the legendary coach of the Pittsburgh Steelers used to say to many of the players he cut:

"It's time to get on with your life's work". Hockey ain't it for Kailer.

For their ECHL affiliate. Maybe.

I’m confused. You want your team to sign him?

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
I remember when he kept getting dumped into deals for Scott Mayfield. Man has he fallen onto hard times since then. He might bounce back in the SHL or Swiss League.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad