Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
1688140681496.png

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
I thought they would have gave him a shot

Has he really fallen off that bad? I know his cap isn't great, but still thought he had some potential

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
In the grand scheme of things, probably makes sense. Detroit likes certain types of players. They want to be harder to play against up front. Kostin fits. Yamamoto doesn’t. Not when they have some of the forwards they already do.

Unfortunately Yamamoto needs to find a situation like Detroit to kickstart his career. It would’ve been a good opportunity for him. Maybe Anaheim makes some sense.

Here comes the Debrincat speculation again.

Reactions: redwings25

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
It was for future considerations
Yeah, but nothing in exchange for a buyout penalty and a few days of negotiating rights to an RFA really isn't a good deal no matter how you slice it. I imagine the Kostin deal gets done.

Impossible. ChaoticOrange said they had a deal for a mid round pick in their pocket but were just waiting for a better offer:laugh:
In all fairness to ChaoticOrange, that's what was being reported. Obviously it was false rumours to try to shake up some interest though.

ponder719

Haute Couturier
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Wouldn't mind giving Yamamoto a short-term deal in Philly if we move out a couple wingers this offseason. Rough for him to be, essentially, discarded by two teams in two days, but he can be helpful to a team somewhere.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad