Confirmed Signing with Link: [DET] Petr Mrazek (2 years, $4M AAV)

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Amazing how the TSN insiders literally don't give a **** about the 2-3 weeks around arbitration time. Friedman breaking every bit of news. Enjoy your cottages boys.

Stuzchuk

Mar 25, 2009
Eastern Canada
good deal for the Wings

I guess they upper management are still not convince on him or would prefer to deal Howard first before signing a long term deal

Amazing how the TSN insiders literally don't give a **** about the 2-3 weeks around arbitration time. Friedman breaking every bit of news. Enjoy your cottages boys.
:laugh: if I'd be in their shoes I'd do the same but for me it's not the off-season it's the busiest time of the year... :cry:

Whileee

May 29, 2010
So, according to CapFriendly the Red Wings are now about $4.2 million over the salary cap. General Fanager has them over by about $4.8 million. Who do they dump to get under the cap? I think the window for a buy-out (e.g. Jimmy Howard) is closed now.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
good deal for the Wings

I guess they upper management are still not convince on him or would prefer to deal Howard first before signing a long term deal

:laugh: if I'd be in their shoes I'd do the same but for me it's not the off-season it's the busiest time of the year... :cry:

Who would take Howard and his $5.3M deal? I can't think of many teams who'd be in on that.

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
So, according to CapFriendly the Red Wings are now about $4.2 million over the salary cap. General Fanager has them over by about $4.8 million. Who do they dump to get under the cap? I think the window for a buy-out (e.g. Jimmy Howard) is closed now.

Franzen and Vitale are LTIRetired

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
good deal for the Wings

That is definitely not the case.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
hmmm expected... He's such a good goalie and will be extremely rich after this deal is expires

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
They still have to be accounted on the Cap for day 1 before being put on LTIR. Same as the Bruins with Savard.

Wingz will have to trade someone.

Team's don't have to be compliant on day 1 before exercising the LTIR exception. It's usually more advantageous to do so, but not required.

They can LTIR them both on the last day of training camp and be compliant, however that would leave the Wings with zero additional cap space to start the season.

Erndog

Jul 17, 2007
Man, I was just looking at the Red Wings salary cap structure and it is just absolutely atrocious. Long term, big money deals everywhere, to relatively unimpactful, aging players. Just a complete and utter mess, wow. I honestly wouldn't trade any assets for virtually any one of their deals that extend beyond next season.

Just a tire fire going on over there.

(Mrazak deal not withstanding- which is a nice deal).

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
going rate for a young goalie nowadays

still in awe of the sweet deal Anaheim has Gibson signed to for next 3 years though!

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma

why is their buy out window closed? Isn't it open for 48 hours from the time arbitration was scheduled?

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
Team's don't have to be compliant on day 1 before exercising the LTIR exception. It's usually more advantageous to do so, but not required.

They can LTIR them both on the last day of training camp and be compliant, however that would leave the Wings with zero additional cap space to start the season.

By day 1 I meant after training camp. They have to be cap compliant.

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015

If general fanager is correct, and they LTIR Franzen and Vitale, then they only have about $203k in cap space, which means they wouldnt even have enough space to send down someone like Athanasiou ($628k) and call up Mantha ($863k) (not saying this case specifically, but just making the point)

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
By day 1 I meant after training camp. They have to be cap compliant.

And as I said they don't have to be compliant after training camp. The LTIR exception can be exercised during training camp, before the season starts. The cap relief gained can differ depending on whether a team exercises the LTIR exception during training camp vs doing so on day 1.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad