Proposal: Det / NYI

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
once again you are rewriting history I was asked to make a counter

i had originally said this

red wing fans last year were trying to dump Howard on us for a 1st plus. and we said we had no interest, now this year you try and pawn off AA On us for 2 firsts albeit adding number 6, the fact is continually detroit fans try to pawn off their unwanted players on us and no matter how many times we say no. you dont accept it

in any trade its important to offer something the other team wants and you never have, a few other Islander fans have said we feel we are in the sweet spot at 11 and 12. so there is no reason to trade with you. we are happy where we are You have nothing that we want. 6 is nice, but not for 11 and 12.

just accept we dont want any of your unwanted players

and now that Lamourello is on the job, he'll tell holland go away until you have something we need

I'm back, and here's an offer that you absolutely can't refuse because it's the exact same logic that you used in this thread.

To DET:

CGY First #12 OA
RFA rights to Brock Nelson

To NYI:

VGK First (#30-31 OA)
OTT Second #33 OA
DET Third #67 OA
Frans Nielsen ($5.25M/year through 21-22)

We don't need Brock Nelson because we have forwards younger and better than him. Our lack of need means he obviously has negative value on this deal, so we will include the worst contract on our roster. We know cap flexibility is absolutely crucial for you because you need to try to re-sign all your RFAs and Tavares and probably try to find a decent starting goalie; hopefully that Nielsen contract doesn't complicate things! Keep in mind, you get three chances at a player working out instead of just one, don't be concerned about picking from a lesser prospect pool, you get more chances this way.

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
I can refuse it because you're still adding your trash and you still aren't giving us anything We Need

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
You guys (you and Ken holland) keep offering players we don't need for assets we do need. Maybe you should listen for once. We didn't need geriatric Jimmy howard. We didn't need soon to be free agent Mike Green. We don't need redundant malcontent Athanasiou.

maybe when you get some players we actually need we can trade with you. You're asking for 2 top 12 picks number 6 alone doesn't cut it alone.

it's not my fault you refuse to add anything of value that we need. We aren't a charity. I understand you don't want Ladd I even said so in my post but you still haven't offered anything we need that makes up the difference.

until you do there is nothing to talk about. Adding a player we don't need that you want to get rid of because he doesn't get along with your management doesn't add value it only subtracts.

you keep saying it's a fair trade but saying that a billion times doesn't make it so.

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
True because you still haven't offered anything we need. I understand you don't have much to offer.
But who knows you might make other trades and finally offer something we need

those two top 12 pick would really help your Red Wings, restock your cupboard, I get that, but you have to offer something we need to get them. So far you havent.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
True because you still haven't offered anything we need. I understand you don't have much to offer.
But who knows you might make other trades and finally offer something we need

those two top 12 pick would really help your Red Wings, restock your cupboard, I get that, but you have to offer something we need to get them. So far you havent.

I sure haven't offered anything, because as I've said from the start of this thread, I have zero interest in trading down to your mid round picks.

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
I sure haven't offered anything, because as I've said from the start of this thread, I have zero interest in trading down to your mid round picks.
And that's perfectly fine. I totally agree with your stance too. You have a much better chance of getting an Elite player at 6 than you do at 11 or 12. And the wings certainly need that. My only point is that having 11 and 12 is a great spot for us as well because we need what this draft offers the most of: Defense. And in our situation 2 quality pieces is better for us than just one.

sure you'll most likely get the better single piece. The odds indicate that quite clearly, but that doesn't mean that 2 pieces can't have a greater overall impact than one can. With Lamourello now on board I am more confident of this than ever

So good luck with 6 honestly. Detroit has some great fans and it wouldn't be known as hockeytown if they didnt. I just stand up for my team. We're very happy with our 4 picks in the top 43.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad