Proposal: Det / NYI

rhef3

Jul 28, 2016
Just outside St.louis
Basing this trade off a few things

1. Detroit wants to trade down in this years draft because too many holes to fill for their rebuild

2. NYI wants to trade up because someone slipped that they really like

I used this table to try to get a proper even trade or atleast attempt one
What does it cost to trade up in the draft?

Detroit trades #6 overall + Andreas Athanasiou (AA)

Nyi trades 11th/12th pick in the 2018 draft

I gauged AA at around the 20th pick 22.4 with the 6th pick 45.9 at (68.3 points)
11th pick 35 points and 12th pick 34 for a total of (69 points)

This gives detroit still a pretty good defenseman and possibly a center and NYI get's to trade up for someone like wahlstrom, tkachuk or maybe a higher tier defenseman that they covet.

Flame away

Reactions: IODCPiper

Newsworthy

Jan 28, 2018
USA
Not enough in return for the Islanders.I
I rather just keep both picks if AA is the deal breaker
Either Wings add their second rd pick or include a better player.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017

1. Detroit wants to trade down in this years draft because too many holes to fill for their rebuild

giphy.gif

rhef3

Jul 28, 2016
Just outside St.louis
Is the value right though, I'm sure this is an unlikely trade, but if this trade we're to take place would you see it as fair value for both sides ?

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Is the value right though, I'm sure this is an unlikely trade, but if this trade we're to take place would you see it as fair value for both sides ?

When you don't consider the teams it may be. But your concept of Detroit trading down because they have, "Too many holes to fill" is way off, thus they don't value those 11th and 12th picks as much as the 6th.

They don't have, "Too many holes to fill" they have a few gaping holes. They have plenty of middle 6 forwards and bottom 4 defenders. They need a top line defender, and none of Boqvist/Hughes/Dobson/Bouchard are going to be there at 11th. Hell, Ty Smith may not even be there.

As far as a center goes, it's unlikely they get one in this draft at 11th or 12th that is a 1C, and we already have Larkin and Rasmussen to plug in at 2C, so that's pretty much a useless move.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
As far as a center goes, it's unlikely they get one in this draft at 11th or 12th that is a 1C, and we already have Larkin and Rasmussen to plug in at 2C, so that's pretty much a useless move.

My 2 cents is Rasmussen plays LW in the NHL

IODCPiper

Jan 26, 2016

2. NYI wants to trade up because someone slipped that they really like

I used this table to try to get a proper even trade or atleast attempt one
What does it cost to trade up in the draft?

Detroit trades #6 overall + Andreas Athanasiou (AA)

Nyi trades 11th/12th pick in the 2018 draft

I gauged AA at around the 20th pick 22.4 with the 6th pick 45.9 at (68.3 points)
11th pick 35 points and 12th pick 34 for a total of (69 points)

This gives detroit still a pretty good defenseman and possibly a center and NYI get's to trade up for someone like wahlstrom, tkachuk or maybe a higher tier defenseman that they covet.

Flame away
Wings add a 2nd

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
AA holds zero interest to a NYI team needing to0 D and goaltending.
Also, please post a link from a credible source that the nyi are trying to trade up.

rhef3

Jul 28, 2016
Just outside St.louis
It's not a link that says they are, it's all fabricated that if the wanted to and Detroit was looking to trade down, The link was there to show value of picks, that's all.

I know a certain redwing fan is against this but I'm more concerned with correct value.

Top D would be plenty available at 6.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
It could be very good for both teams. AA is underrated, if you use him right he can be a game changer. At #6 you have more chance to get 1st line player.. there is #1 and then there's 4 more NHL ready players. Who knows if you can get something great

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
rhef3, you need to be a bit more careful then, the isles have absolutely o interest in moving up with both of those picks unless it were to number one and im sure buffalo isnt considering that.

we couldmove up using our 2 2nds if we desired a specific player

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
no interest in AA whatso
It could be very good for both teams. AA is underrated, if you use him right he can be a game changer. At #6 you have more chance to get 1st line player.. there is #1 and then there's 4 more NHL ready players. Who knows if you can get something great
no interest in AA whatsoever unless its for Andrew Ladd. which I doubt youd be interested in. cap space is at a premium for us so, AA is less than useless to us

CodeE

step on snek
Dec 20, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Not interested in packaging 11+12 together to move up in the 1st.

Two very good players will fall to us, and I'm happy to take my chances on two strong rolls of the dice as opposed to one. Detroit can stay a 6 and pick who they want, we'll patiently wait and see who falls to us.

Reactions: Ruddy64

buud

Ping Pong Predator
Oct 3, 2017
43N -79
think the value is close, but as most fans here are agreeing, it's not what would benefit both teams equally.

i'm an Ilses fan, and i would be ok with the trade, IF JT re-signs.

if not, i'd keep the picks, try and trade a vet or two, and go heavy into this draft.

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
Sure, just as soon as you give us Beauvillier for Nielsen.
i told you that you wouldnt be interested

so why would we be interested in giving a top 12 pick for AA

a bad deal is a bad deal

we both need multiples on defense and AA doesnt help that. plus Beauviller is already a better player and is 3 years younger.. so AA is not something we need.

he's a good player but very redundant for us. youd be better off finding a team that needs a player like him

maybe montreal might consider AA and #6 for #3, they might not but they actually need playmakers

i get it you want to get 2 defenders instead of one, but to do that you have to give us something we actually need and you dont have that to offer

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad