Confirmed Signing with Link: [DET] F JT Compher signs with the Red Wings (5 years, $5.1M AAV)

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Where's that Red Wings fan who was saying "who cares if they gave 3.4M to Holl they have tons of cap space the next 3 years"

Reactions: ShelbyZ

McHelpus

Jan 16, 2021
Yzerman and Lou are battling for who can be fired before the season starts.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
On one of the best teams in the league the last three years:

IMG-2085.jpg

He’s positionally versatile (but sub-50% on face offs), he works hard, skates hard, is good defensively and will play on the PK and just good enough in the offensive zone to get way too much ice time and PP time and if he plays huge minutes he will score just enough to make people not watching think he’s maybe a top six solution. But he’s really not - he’s a fine third liner who doesn’t move the needle all that much in any metric and now has a $25 million contract.

I do wonder about the DRW analytics department and their continued signing of guys to big commitment contracts who play a lot of minutes but whose underlying numbers are not great.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
That’s a lot of term for that team. Yea, he can move around the lineup but maybe they have something else going on. Are they moving Rasmussen in a deal? For Scheifele maybe? Then it makes much more sense.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
A lot of coin for a center who has never scored 20 goals and hasn’t broken 35 points in any season except the last one.

He got a better contract than Dylan Strome. Wild.

letsgowings9999

May 13, 2023
I can only imagine what danielson and kasper are thinking lmfao were gonna move one or both 2 the wing for the awesome duo of compher copp down the middle

If anyone thinks were making the playoffs anytime soon think again

I'd jump off the bridge if I were larkin

Philadelphia Collins

May 31, 2011
Yzerman did a hell of a job in Tampa but his moves in Detroit have me puzzled. This, Copp and Chiarots contracts are all pretty bad. How long is their rebuild supposed to take?

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
I can only imagine what danielson and kasper are thinking lmfao were gonna move one or both 2 the wing for the awesome duo of compher copp down the middle

If anyone thinks were making the playoffs anytime soon think again

I'd jump off the bridge if I were larkin
This is kind of a dumb take seeing as Copp and Compher swing out to the wing quite a bit already as is.

It's a redundant and stupid move, but shouldn't affect them being centers.

Edit: I'm sure Larkin has already contacted him with congratulations and doesn't want to kill himself, they were teammates at Michigan.

Reactions: BSHH

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
You don’t need a scouting team to know not to make this deal
He wouldn't have had to if they were doing a better job of producing nhlers. Think he's getting desperate. I'm saying Tampa made him look better than he was.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad