PTO: [DET] F Artem Anisimov (released) and G Michael Hutchinson (released) sign PTOs with the Red Wings

Craig Ludwig

Jun 16, 2005
So your post is interesting.

It seems like you are trashing the wings for getting PTO's to go to camp. But then you quote yourself acting like a GM of a different team wanting to be like Stevie Y....which is weird because you are trashing the team he is the GM of...

Genuinely curious if you know what you actually wrote or didn't understand something. What happened here?
Why bother giving PTOs for over the hill players who have zero chance of a further career in the NHL. Why not give PTOs to young kids who have a meagre chance to make it. Look at Arber Xhekaj. Look at Djibril Toure this week, signed a 3 year entry level contract. These are the guys you offer a PTO to. I stand by my statement that these are absolute dumb ass PTO offers, take a chance on a young kid that may surprise.

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
Why bother giving PTOs for over the hill players who have zero chance of a further career in the NHL. Why not give PTOs to young kids who have a meagre chance to make it. Look at Arber Xhekaj. Look at Djibril Toure this week, signed a 3 year entry level contract. These are the guys you offer a PTO to. I stand by my statement that these are absolute dumb ass PTO offers, take a chance on a young kid that may surprise.
The vet PTOs allow teams that rest tbh eir stars and play those young tryouts while still meeting the preseason roster requirements

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
Detroit does have several kids on ATOs at camp. As most teams do. The 3 to watch are obviously the goaltender Lukas Matecha, and then Finn Harding and Connor Punnett, both dmen from what I’ve heard. Doesn’t mean they’ll sign anyone but they are there.

Jannik Hansen

Apr 16, 2016

Those guys weren't on PTOs. They were on ATOs. You have to had actually played pro games to be given a PTO. There is also a minimum amount of veteran players needed to be fielded in each preseason game.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
They released Cam Hillis from his PTO today after breaking camp. Also released a few of their ATO players including Matecha, Harding and Punnett, who actually played some in their Red/White game earlier today. Anisimov and Hutchinson both will head to Detroit for the preseason.

Interesting, they’ve kept two of their ATO players. Both Saginaw OHL players. 20 year old forward Dean Loukus and RW Nik Sima, an 18 year old from Mississauga. Looks like those two will get a shot at playing in the pre-season. Sima is always going to get looks because he’s a high end defensive player but his hands have issues, to be fair. I’m actually surprised he wasn’t drafted though, because even at 18, he was likely first team defensive forward in the OHL last year. When you’re 6’4” and play with that pace, you’ll get looks. Really doubt either gets a contract, but you never know.

Reactions: harv33173

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
I get that but that is just not what you said lmao.

You were calling the GM of Detroit an idiot, but then praised Yzerman for being a GM that other GM's try to follow...

Now, this is getting interesting lol. To go back to the point I quoted for this post, Yzerman did do PTO's/camp invites for 12 players during prospects tournament and for the training camp and preseason. So, I think your anger on 1 player getting a PTO that has been a proven NHLer, is a little misguided here.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
This quote makes no sense to me.

These guys are just trying out for the team. They aren't signed to the team. It's literally just warm bodies to complete drills in training camp. If they suck they get cut. If they don't then they probably get minor league deals.
68 players wasn’t enough then I guess,

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016

I think it has more to do with NHL rules stating that each game needs a certain amount of players with over X amount of games played in the NHL. You play a player not making the team but with the proper amount of games played gives a regular vet a day off from playing in unimportant games.

Craig Ludwig

Jun 16, 2005
I think it has more to do with NHL rules stating that each game needs a certain amount of players with over X amount of games played in the NHL. You play a player not making the team but with the proper amount of games played gives a regular vet a day off from playing in unimportant games.
Good point, I didn't think of that.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
This and 1st round picks are considered veterans.

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
He looks pretty bad in preseason so far. Probably not going to get a contract for Grand Rapids.
Didn't seem terrible in the red/white game. That Carlsson goal was pretty atrocious with his lack of defensive skills before the puck got to the front of the net yesterday.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
Didn't seem terrible in the red/white game. That Carlsson goal was pretty atrocious with his lack of defensive skills before the puck got to the front of the net yesterday.

He looked a step or two behind the play in the preseason game against Washington last night. #44 on Kasper's wing. Did not look realgud.

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
Anisimov is like a homeless man's Jagr. Dude just won't let it go.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Anisimov is like a homeless man's Jagr. Dude just won't let it go.

1696092674876.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad