PTO: [DET] F Artem Anisimov (released) and G Michael Hutchinson (released) sign PTOs with the Red Wings

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
Anisimov's dedication is something to be admired.

PTOd in 2021 with COL - didn't make the team, but kept playing in the KHL
Tried to make a comeback and was PTOd in 2022 with PHI - didn't make the team, but kept playing in the AHL
And now attempting to make a comeback again, getting PTOd by DET.

I kind of genuinely hope he makes it

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish

Tried to make a comeback and was PTOd in 2022 with PHI - didn't make the team, but kept playing in the AHL

Or he just has a side hustle selling that team issued training camp swag on sideline swap.

BrickNHL

Feb 25, 2019

Hope both guys make it

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
Hutchinson is probably destined for the AHL as insurance incase Alex Lyon is claimed on waivers.

Detroit wants a veteran goalie to run with Cossa in Grand Rapids.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
:laugh: This offseason has spawned some absolutely wild PTO names.

Excited for Anisimov to give it another go though. Always like him as a player.

Reactions: frapp10

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
It really does look like Detroit will carry 3 goalies to start the season and see how things fall into place.. They’re scared Lyon won’t make it through waivers, but they also want a better veteran in Grand Rapids. So Hutchinson could get a deal.

As for Anisimov, he’s likely trying out for Grand Rapids on an AHL deal. They are still short a couple of bodies. There’s been some talk Carolina may send a couple of forwards to GR too. So we’ll see how that shakes out. Neither has much of a chance to play an NHL game in Detroit this year. You never know though. Look at Chiasson last year.

Reactions: flychairman

Craig Ludwig

Jun 16, 2005
Why....How do some of the NHL executives still have a job....

I have to think that some of them are thinking to themselves "Crap, I haven't made any decisions or moves in the last month, here's an idea that might get Stevie Y to notice that at least I'm working".

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012

I have to think that some of them are thinking to themselves "Crap, I haven't made any decisions or moves in the last month, here's an idea that might get Stevie Y to notice that at least I'm working".
So your post is interesting.

It seems like you are trashing the wings for getting PTO's to go to camp. But then you quote yourself acting like a GM of a different team wanting to be like Stevie Y....which is weird because you are trashing the team he is the GM of...

Genuinely curious if you know what you actually wrote or didn't understand something. What happened here?

13to40

Feb 29, 2016
Montreal
Just 2 warm bodies to fill in for pre season games. Having a few extra vets to show the kids what it’s like to be a pro never hurt anyone.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020

This quote makes no sense to me.

These guys are just trying out for the team. They aren't signed to the team. It's literally just warm bodies to complete drills in training camp. If they suck they get cut. If they don't then they probably get minor league deals.

D Wakaluk

Dec 8, 2010
stuck in the '90s
There's something about Detroit and rhyming Russian names.

And that Artem Anisimov celly is still gold. Love how Tampa players lose their shit. "But muh code!"

Hope he makes it

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad